Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Adrian Colunga . . . Coluld he be the missing link?

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Las Palmas interested in singing him according to the Argus.

He's surely gone.

4 squad strikers :

Hemed
Baldock
Colunga replacement / Zamora
O'Grady / O'Grady replacement

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
He led assists last season and looked like he can put the ball away given the chances. Not sure why we are so keen to get rid really considering our current lack of a replacement.
I personally wouldn't get rid of him, but it seems for whatever reason he isn't in the club's plans, so let's get him a move sooner rather than later.

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
I would love to see him stay and get a decent run out, he could become a decent useful for us.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
But they're not interested in paying a fee for him. He wants to stay so we'd be stupid to release him for nothing.

It's bad news they don't want to pay a fee, but we would not be stupid to release him for nothing as we would at least save his wages, and so be able to pay at least part of the wages of a better striker.

He walks away for free anyway next summer, so maybe we can write off getting anything for him if it helps sign someone else who will improve the squad ???

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
He led assists last season and looked like he can put the ball away given the chances. Not sure why we are so keen to get rid really considering our current lack of a replacement.

Agreed. Play him in a front two behind Hemed or Baldock rather than on his own. I'm thinking the Beardsley role here. He'll struggle to get into double figures for goals but he hopefully could contribute a huge number of assists. It wouldn't make sense to cancel his contract and let him go on a free.

West Hoathly Seagull

Honorary Ruffian
Aug 26, 2003
Sharpthorne/SW11
I personally wouldn't get rid of him, but it seems for whatever reason he isn't in the club's plans, so let's get him a move sooner rather than later.

I'm with you here. During Hyypia's time he was about the one player who posed any threat, and in the Fulham game their defence seemed shell shocked by him. Nathan Jones was fulsome in his praise. I admit myself that I was nervous about giving Jones the job, and we know the Hughton deal was done before the Fulham game, but I wonder if he might have got more out of some players.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Remind me of how many goals/assists he had last season?????? Baffling that so many on here want him to stay!! Unbelievable

Remind me how many games he played and how often he was paired with a totally useless strike partner. I Imagine you are baffled because you can't see his qualities.

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
Remind me of how many goals/assists he had last season?????? Baffling that so many on here want him to stay!! Unbelievable

Or! 4 goals and six assists in half a season under a manager who had as much managerial and/or tactical nous as a half blind badger. Probably.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here