Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Adrain Chiles new face of ITV football coverage

shaun_rc

Feb 24, 2008
Brighton
I agree with the comment about Des Lynam and the format above. The BBC seems to like and train their presenters to be as laid back as possible.

Some of them, like Des and Adrian Chiles, do well in that format - a nudge and a wink and some gentle humour.

ITV then pay them loads of money to sit in their too-brightly-lit studios and spout/shout hyperbole about how wonderful ITV Sport is, and it just doesn't work.

ITV really need to think about their whole coverage, which is way worse than any of the other broadcasters, because poaching other station's presenters is not going to fix the whole style they use to present football.

Adrian Chiles is another one of a whole line of people who've gone down that route. It is the slow decline to Countdown indeed.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Hope thay scrub him up before he goes on air, he looks like a binman these days.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
Back to Working Lunch then.

Spider

Sep 15, 2007
Peter Beardsley has more camera appeal than that scruff bag and a better voice

I don't understand this obsession with the fact that Chiles isn't a good looking bloke. He's not a bad looking bloke he just looks normal - why is this such a bad thing?

Anyway, I understand if Chiles is disappointed with the Beeb but going to ITV is surely career suicide!

LA1972

May 20, 2009
West Sussex
I don't understand this obsession with the fact that Chiles isn't a good looking bloke. He's not a bad looking bloke he just looks normal - why is this such a bad thing?

Anyway, I understand if Chiles is disappointed with the Beeb but going to ITV is surely career suicide!

Get a room

Captain Haddock

Aug 2, 2005
The Deep Blue Sea
Hate ITV full stop (coverage and format eternally aggravating, clumsy and 'tabloid tacky') and love BBC's footy coverage (on the whole) so gutted he's leaving.

Will try him out on what is one of terrestrial's worst channels but bet they stifle his talent!

:(:cry::down:

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
The whole ITV format is simply awful from pundits to that twat Tyldesley who makes me want to put the TV through the window. Can't wait for the world cup group games to see the look on Chiles face when he is trying to squeeze some sort of interesting comment from a sofa that will no doubt include Pleat, Venable and Townsend. God its grim.

As for Chiles won't do his reputation any favours when he is sat on a sofa at 6am asking Peter Andre if he has finally got over Jordan..............

Captain Haddock

Aug 2, 2005
The Deep Blue Sea
Adrian Chiles should look to Des Lynam for an example of what ITV can do for a career!!!

I've recently escalated my hatred of Peter Drury's commentaries. Never great, they are now grating!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here