Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Adrain Chiles new face of ITV football coverage

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
I quite like Chiles' even if he is a West Brom fan. He gives the impression that he is just a normal bloke, plucked off the streets talking about football. Good signing by ITV in my opinion. I hear he is also going to be on GMTV.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
It's not the presenters who are necessarily the issue on ITV - though Steve Rider is tedious.

It's the format. I don't mind half-time analysis, even from Andy Townsend, but on ITV you get about 45 seconds in between the excessive (and sometimes badly-timed) advertisement breaks, and that's your lot.

Chiles is a good signing for them, and I hope he doesn't become a cliché-driven berk on the back of going to ITV, but they still need to sort themselves out quite a lot more to match the BBC.

Hunting 784561

Jul 8, 2003
Townsend is a muppet.

Never sure why he got the ITV gig.

ITV should use this opportunity to get someone with half a brain in.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Chiles got the hump with Evans stealling his seat next to Christine on a Friday night.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
a BBC own goal

they shit on him to boost Friday night viewing (was it really needed?) - now he has effectively said "it's my ball and you can't play with it"

Good luck to him

Danny-Boy

Banned
Apr 21, 2009
The Coast
I quite like Chiles' even if he is a West Brom fan. He gives the impression that he is just a normal bloke, plucked off the streets talking about football. Good signing by ITV in my opinion. I hear he is also going to be on GMTV.

I'd go with that, Chiles always looked on the prog like the dullard who you used to me with the incredibly attractive girlfriend and you wondered what she ever saw in him.

There was a chemistry between the two that think Ginger Knob will find it difficult to reproduce. I reckon Christine will be on her way soon...:down:

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
Steve Rider should stick to the BTCC coverage, he's good at that

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here