Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Administration for a 'Major' EPL club,who will be first ?

Leekbrookgull

Jul 14, 2005
Leek
Ok,Portsmouth we know were the first to go into admin,i am 'calling' Tottenham to be the safest from admin,can't say the same for Chelsea. :bigwave:

Mar 13, 2008
You think roman will let chelsea go into admin? Even if it means failing the fair play financial ruling he wont let it happen. A smaller club like Blackburn, or maybe Everton and Villa. None of the current top 7 will do any time soon. Cant see it happening. They have the players and facilities to sell off, or the owners to bail them out.

crasher

Jul 8, 2003
Sussex
I suppose it's much less likely to happen to a Premier League team because owners pour money into them until either

(a) they get bored, in which case they walk away and the club gets relegated
(b) they get relegated anyway

The problem starts at the level below, especially once the parachute money runs out.

If I had to be on one though, Newcastle.

Leekbrookgull

Jul 14, 2005
Leek
Do either 'City' (think they did a deal with the council?) or Chelsea own their grounds ? If not there are off to a bad start.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Do either 'City' (think they did a deal with the council?) or Chelsea own their grounds ? If not there are off to a bad start.
Chelsea own's their ground, except for a bit owned by supporters to stop Chelsea selling the ground for flats etc.

Mar 13, 2008
I think he's referring to the fact that roman is being sued for several billion.

Really last I heard that had ended.

BBC News - Roman Abramovich and Boris Berezovsky court battle ends

Not sure if thats the one your refering too or not.

Yes Man City do. They also own loads of land around the ground becuase they are planning to do this.

Manchester City lift lid on plans for training ground | Mail Online

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone

Leekbrookgull

Jul 14, 2005
Leek
I thought city owned the land around but not the stadium itself...

Thats what i thought,part of the move away from Maine Rd the council bought that and part paid for the City of Manchester Stadium as it was called then. City got to be tenents,the council owned the stadium. Could be wrong ?

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
might be interesting if Chelsea dont qualify for Europe, they take that year to clear the debts.

Rowdey

Jul 7, 2003
Herne Hill
Not a 'Major' Premier league club but, i thought it was widely accepted the if Bolton went down, they would go - carrying £110m debt as of last year, and rising quickly.

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean
Not a 'Major' Premier league club but, i thought it was widely accepted the if Bolton went down, they would go - carrying £110m debt as of last year, and rising quickly.

Bolton would be my guess too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AMEXican Wave

AMEX Ruffian
Sep 21, 2010
What payments do you get and how long for if you get relegated ?

48 million

- 16m per year for first 2 years
- 8m for years 3 and 4

Stops if you go back up, and the money is divided between all remaining Championship clubs

fly high

Aug 25, 2011
in a house
48 million

- 16m per year for first 2 years
- 8m for years 3 and 4

Stops if you go back up, and the money is divided between all remaining Championship clubs

So we want West Ham, Birmingham & 'borough to go straight back up so we get more money.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
What would be interesting is if any EPL club has paid its players in a similar way to Rangers as it appears it to avoid tax. The HMRC are on the warpath concerning football and rightly so. Some of the debts these clubs have far outweigh the clubs turnover. I would imagine that Rangers debt exceeds their turnover and some.

When I was in business my turnover exceeded 1 million but there was no way on earth the taxman would allow me to continue trading if missed one quarters bill let alone about 4 years or so, which would have been the amount of time needed to rack up a debt equivalent to my turnover.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here