Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Adkins - "We will outsing them."

KneeOn

Jun 4, 2009
They outsung us with the following songs: Up the arse (to the long AAAALBION! AAAAAALBION!) When the saints go marching in (both fast and slow) and some other inaudiable scummer shit. The only thing they did right was sing the WTSGMI slowly. Plus songs for Llana, Lambart and Davis, southampton till I die, shoot the pompey scum.

We however: We are top of the league, Brighton Aces, Sussex By The Sea, AAAALBION! AAAALBION!, the fast albion song (the one where you try to say it in one breath and fit an extra one in and then shout AL! BE! ON!), the great escape Albion song, we are brighton super brighton... then we had the player songs for Murray, we had the poyet one, SEAGULLS, shoot the palace scum, the GIVE ME A B... one.

THey were very very very reppetitive. Just singing WTSGMI over and over with occasional chorus of one of their other songs. They were just louder.

Gilliver's Travels

Peripatetic
Jul 5, 2003
Brighton Marina Village
Anyone with Seagulls Player should log in on the Saints site, and view Adkins' post match interview.
What a snide, bitter man he is. But he still thinks we won't be able to keep up with his team, come season's end.

Don't think he likes Gus and our 'continental' slow, 'keeper standing on the ball', cheating style very much...

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
To be fair that was a pretty good effort from their fans. We weren't bad but not up to our usual standards, I don't think the first half battering helped things. Like the team we were better in the second half

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
We have spent big? I'd like to see how our budgets compare.

Why oh why do people like Adkins keep making these assertions that we have 'spent big' ? Okay we may have a better budget than a lot of teams in this league but we have hardly spent anything compared to Southampton. Well done Adkins, Cock of the Week award goes to you.

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Why oh why do people like Adkins keep making these assertions that we have 'spent big' ? Okay we may have a better budget than a lot of teams in this league but we have hardly spent anything compared to Southampton. Well done Adkins, Cock of the Week award goes to you.

I don't think he actually said that. Some spoon added it in to his quote when posting it on here.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
The battering we took in the first half didn't help the atmosphere it was like we (the fans) were a bit shell shocked, once we started to play in the second half the noise was much better

Rowdey

Jul 7, 2003
Herne Hill
What on earth was his last comment about 'South American mentality' in trying to get there players sent off ? Outrageous - Didn't lose, and still a bad loser..!

Alex

Nov 3, 2010
It's not 23,000 against 3,200 though. Our singing end has about 3-4,000 standing so the numbers were relatively even.

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
I was really disappointed in the lack of noise from the Albion fans last night. We cannot just blame the first half, we were outsung before a ball had even been kicked. Compare the volume prematch against Charlton to last night and you will see what I mean. Too many STHs and not enough of the usual away crowd results in a poorer atmosphere unfortunately. I say this as a STH by the way.

It was just bloody AL-BI-YAAAwwnnnn and we are top of the league constantly from us. Any attempt to start anything else was met by silence and bemusement.

What happened to the days when we had original and witty chants? I'm only going back to the Zamora/Adams days too.

edit: I did like the "Brighton Chimes" though!

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
To be fair, Saints outsang us.

Not from where i was. I think those that were next to the ruffian scummers on the right seem to have heard it differently to others. What does it matter we're the better club and better fans anyway :)

FalmerforAll!**

NSC's Most Intelligent
Oct 26, 2005
Burgess Hill
¤DãŃn¥ §êãGüLL¤;3820610 said:
It was just bloody AL-BI-YAAAwwnnnn and we are top of the league constantly from us. Any attempt to start anything else was met by silence and bemusement.

What happened to the days when we had original and witty chants? I'm only going back to the Zamora/Adams days too.

edit: I did like the "Brighton Chimes" though!

I've been saying this for ages.

"You're not a big club anymore"
"You're not famous anymore"
"Small town in Portsmouth"

Embarrassing.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
I was standing more around the corner, near the police box (block 47 - opposite side to saints singers) and Albion always sounded louder, when we were singing.......

The saints did make 1 funny comeback.

When the very small pocket of saints fans in the side stand nearest me started singing (about 30), all the Albion fans near me started singing

"It's nice to know you're here".... to which they sang back

"It's nice to know you're queer".... did laugh at that.

When they sang "Give us a song", we started "Small town in Portsmouth" which spread to the whole away end......

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here