Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Adkins going all out to win the league..........

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
They can talk the talk but let's see if their football really is that good.

Goring Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Huddersfield
I can't quite see why everyone is getting so irate about what he's said. If poyet said something similar if we were in their position would he be a twat?

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
It's called saying the right things in a post-match press conference. The Southampton fans would be lapping that up.

It's not as if he's come out and said his players just need a cuddle.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
They're second in the league, they have the most expensive squad in the league, they pay the biggest wages by far: why wouldn't he be aiming for the top? Frankly it's the minimum he should expect, and they should be walking this league.

Anything other than the title represents failure this season for Southampton.

shwoody1

May 18, 2009
lewes
I can't quite see why everyone is getting so irate about what he's said. If poyet said something similar if we were in their position would he be a twat?

point is adkins amongst other badly informed managers commented on how much money we have spent. what a twat! they have spent far and away more than us and will continue to do so. he openly slagged us after his team failed to beat us at saint marys and then had the cheek to challenge us to keep up with them (the tosser). gus on the other hand would not comment like that on other teams, he has way to much class for that.

saint_clark

Jan 1, 2011
Saints fan here, found this place a couple of days ago and I am completely bemused by the hatred. You guys must be really unlucky in the Saints fans you meet because there are very, very few of us who think we have a right to be anywhere other than we are.

but don't forget southampton 'are too good for this league and they deserve to go up',
lol
:lol::laugh::lolol::laugh::lol:

You put that last bit in quotation marks - please tell me who exactly it was that said that?

The thing is that's exactly what they should be going for with the money they've spent on players and wages. They've spent millions more than anyone else, they should be f***ing walking this league on paper.

On the other thread I've tipped them to win it. I agree with BG, if we finish above them we'll be champoins.

Precisely. Over a year to build and plenty of money put into the team - we expect to be challenging at the top. If not then someone along the lines has f*cked up majorly and things need to change.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Have said since the start of the season we finish above them and we will go up. They have spent a fortune in this league and should be going up but the same could be said about last season

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
We are in the position that every club in the league wants to be in, you cannot blame Adkins for his repeated admissions of jealousy.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Since leaving a job that required lots of work on Excel over two years ago, I got withdrawal symptoms.

PI = Total played
PII = Home fixtures played
PtsI = Points taken at home so far
PtsII = Points to be scored at current rate (home)
PIII = Away fixtures played
Pts = Points taken away so far
PtsIII = Points to be scored at current rate (away)
PtsIV = Current total points
PtsV = Projected total

It probably doesn't tell us much as there are so many different factors affecting matches, form, results and so on... but it wasted 15 minutes.

Attachments

• League.JPG
    League.JPG
    148.9 KB · Views: 182

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here