Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

address given out

simon195

Sep 11, 2007
hi can anyone tell me, if a company you had worked for gives out your address to a third party without your consent is this against the law ? data protection act ???

tedebear

Legal Alien
NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
Yes, although the police and tax man have exemption for certain situations though (criminal acts, money laundering etc.)...

Sid St Singe

Nov 14, 2009
Address give-away

I am a buyer for my company and I have a company credit card and my statements go to my home address. Not exactly the same as your scenario but my address has been given to a third party and the fact that it is a credit card, if their are any problems , will it affect my credit rating?

simon195

Sep 11, 2007
well i worked for cleaning company who had contract with housing association.. that association wrote me a letter, they had no knowledge of my address, the only way they could have obtained my address was from my ex firm... now correct me if im wrong but surely ..unless the police ask for it, my personal details that my ex firm had of me should have been kept confidential.. ??? and as ex firm gave them out to third party without my consent..what can i do about it ???

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
how do you know that they got the address from a certain source, there's many ways to find out someones address. unless of course you are trying to be under the radar of officialdom...

driller

my life my word
Oct 14, 2006
The posh bit
well i worked for cleaning company who had contract with housing association.. that association wrote me a letter, they had no knowledge of my address, the only way they could have obtained my address was from my ex firm... now correct me if im wrong but surely ..unless the police ask for it, my personal details that my ex firm had of me should have been kept confidential.. ??? and as ex firm gave them out to third party without my consent..what can i do about it ???

could have got it from electoral role or phone book even?

Wardy

NSC's Benefits Guru
Oct 9, 2003
In front of the PC
Do you have a bank account at your current address? If so a simple credit check would have returned your current address. You will be surprised how easy it is to trace someone one.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here