13th £17.6 million
14th £15.4 million
15th £13.2 million
16th £11 million
17th £8.8 million
18th £6.6 million
19th £4.4 million
20th £2.2 million

As you may have spotted in the table of prize money, Premier League clubs receive an extra £2.2m for each position higher up the table.

Aside from sporting prestige, the greatest incentive for clubs to reach for and stay in the Premier League remains the vast TV money on offer.

Half of the TV jackpot is split evenly between the clubs, which gave each side around £84m during the 2020/21 Premier League season.

A quarter is used as prize money — officially called merit payments — and a quarter is divided up according to various factors, including how often clubs have appeared in televised games.
I do believe the club doesn't include position prize money into there budget

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

andy1980

Feb 23, 2009
As I understand it TB doesn't want anything back for these though I'm sure he wouldn't say no to something for the rest of the money he's put into the club for players etc.

This is from the Swiss rambler in 2010

The club’s reliance on its directors’ support is very clear when looking at its debt, which is now up to £17 million (from £11 million in 2008). Hardly any of this has come from bank loans with almost all of the funding being provided by the directors, namely Tony Bloom. The club’s latest accounts (up to 30 June 2009) actually report a net debt of only £10,000, but this excludes the £16.9 million owed to group undertakings, which is clearly an inter-company loan, so should be considered part of the club’s overall debt.

Any road, the important point is that this loan is very generous, being unsecured and interest free.

This is crucial for the club, as commercial interest rates on a loan of this magnitude would have been prohibitively expensive. The fact that the loan is unsecured is also critical, as this means that Bloom has no guarantee of repayment, because there is no security on the money. The £80 million he has pledged is repayable in 2023, but again there is nothing mysterious about this, as a convertible loan requires a returnable date. If the money is not available, Bloom could convert the loan into shares, as have many owners at other clubs, or the loan could simply be refinanced.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/437606-good-old-sussex-by-the-sea

Next summer will be interesting to see what he does.

Surrey Phil

Aug 3, 2010
As mentioned on another thread :

Position Prize money
1st £44 million
2nd £41.8 million
3rd £39.6 million
4th £37.4 million
5th £35.2 million
6th £33 million
7th £30.8 million
8th £28.6 million
9th £26.4 million
10th £24.2 million
11th £22 million
12th £19.8 million
13th £17.6 million
14th £15.4 million
15th £13.2 million
16th £11 million
17th £8.8 million
18th £6.6 million
19th £4.4 million
20th £2.2 million

As you may have spotted in the table of prize money, Premier League clubs receive an extra £2.2m for each position higher up the table.

Aside from sporting prestige, the greatest incentive for clubs to reach for and stay in the Premier League remains the vast TV money on offer.

Half of the TV jackpot is split evenly between the clubs, which gave each side around £84m during the 2020/21 Premier League season.

A quarter is used as prize money — officially called merit payments — and a quarter is divided up according to various factors, including how often clubs have appeared in televised games.

So the 2nd half on Sunday was worth £8.8m!! :clap: :albion2:

wuntbedruv

Imagine
Mar 18, 2022
North West Sussex
I live - in Sussex - outside of the travel zone but have to travel across it to reach Falmer - hence i benefit from it. its not the same as if i lived in Hove or Eastbourne or Seaford or Haywards Heath but not sure why if you don't , Its "useless".
Because if I were to utilise it( say by Train from BH) I would need two bus journeys to get there.adding an hour + to the journey except Sundays and midweek and Sat 5pm's when there is no service home.

Co- incidentally the Seagulls travel service used to receive a £2 rebate per passenger per game, it was abolished and the failure to return the SURCHARGES not subsidy ( for all supporters group service providers) of £200,000 a season.

These were and still are the people using the most sustainable way of travel to the ground and relieving pressure on trains and carparking.

Last edited:

monty uk

Sep 25, 2018
We got £6.6m more than Palace. That’s about what they paid for Will Hughes last season.

Had we lost yesterday we'd be in 12th position, Palace in 11th. And we'd get £19.8m. So those 3 goals were worth nearly £7m. Or rather 2 of them were, the other was spare.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Or move the away section to a corner at The Amex...

Apart from Newcastle at home, when we should knock up a 200ft tall scaffold tower halfway up the field behind the South Stand and put them in there.

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
It's not far off being equivalent to a season's gate receipts! I seem to remember a figure of something like 17-18m.

I'm certain it is either just over or just under £1m per match. £17-18m must be quite close

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016
This is from the Swiss rambler in 2010

The club’s reliance on its directors’ support is very clear when looking at its debt, which is now up to £17 million (from £11 million in 2008). Hardly any of this has come from bank loans with almost all of the funding being provided by the directors, namely Tony Bloom. The club’s latest accounts (up to 30 June 2009) actually report a net debt of only £10,000, but this excludes the £16.9 million owed to group undertakings, which is clearly an inter-company loan, so should be considered part of the club’s overall debt.

Any road, the important point is that this loan is very generous, being unsecured and interest free.

This is crucial for the club, as commercial interest rates on a loan of this magnitude would have been prohibitively expensive. The fact that the loan is unsecured is also critical, as this means that Bloom has no guarantee of repayment, because there is no security on the money. The £80 million he has pledged is repayable in 2023, but again there is nothing mysterious about this, as a convertible loan requires a returnable date. If the money is not available, Bloom could convert the loan into shares, as have many owners at other clubs, or the loan could simply be refinanced.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/437606-good-old-sussex-by-the-sea

Next summer will be interesting to see what he does.

This too is from Swiss Ramble in 2020. Owning a football club is a bloody expensive hobby.

[TWEET]1305397996499107840[/TWEET]

Looks like TB has previously converted some of the debt into shares when due for repayment.

Out of interest, Does anyone know the current value of the club? Does Chelsea's recent valuation reflect upon ours in any way?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Lets say £195k a minute. and change for a few beers.:albion2::drink:

[tweet]1529011819964116994[/tweet]

Goals scored by less than £4m of total talent!!

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
This too is from Swiss Ramble in 2020. Owning a football club is a bloody expensive hobby.

[TWEET]1305397996499107840[/TWEET]

Looks like TB has previously converted some of the debt into shares when due for repayment.

£95m’s worth, including the relatively tiny original share capital from other shareholders.

By 30 June 2021 a total of £432m in cash had been introduced. Of which £223m was spent subsidising 25 years of losses, £209m spent on current infrastructure.

B861AB0F-97C3-45E1-AF97-238FE5F2CDF9.png

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here