Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Additional Seats.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I rather fancy the northwest corner, but there doesn't appear to be any interest in putting that into the ground.
Indeed, that would be good for atmosphere.
Anyone else considering the East Upper?
My concern would be the atmosphere there, partly because most of those that want to sing already have an ST elsewhere, and the East is relatively quiet at the moment. Otherwise, it would be great. A good view of the pitch, and also of the magnificent West stand.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Using the extra seats would need the Council to agree to vary the existing planning conditions. If using the extra seats creates the need for new parking facilities, there'll need to be a planning application. If the Club want to rely on existing parking facilities (which is difficult to imagine working), there'll need to be a convincing environmental impact assessment to identify how the travel plan will work.
So, with that in mind...
will we get it?

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
Insightful

It's not exactly an easy question to answer, the Council will take 16 weeks looking at this! Nobody knows, the Planning Officer could recommend it for approval and the greens might refuse it or vica versa. It'll all be down in what's said in the transport assessment/eia and none of us are privvy to that info at the moment.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Honestly don't think the current transport infrastructure can handle x thousand more people. Read the other day that Green party already have concerns about the match day operation (going by Twitter).

Simon Morgan

Oct 30, 2004
Oxford
Is anyone else finding these progressions hard to come to terms with after years of such a boring existence at Withdean? The fact we are integrated into the new place now is mental enough, but the fact there is a waiting list for ST's, new seats being planned and a new training ground is proving quite hard for me to take in at the moment! Seagulls!

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
B&H Buses are doing their bit , they have recently acquired 14 bendibuses from London General to bring the number of bendibuses up to 18.

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
Is anyone else finding these progressions hard to come to terms with after years of such a boring existence at Withdean? The fact we are integrated into the new place now is mental enough, but the fact there is a waiting list for ST's, new seats being planned and a new training ground is proving quite hard for me to take in at the moment! Seagulls!

Spot on, its such an exciting time, I was concered we would struggle to sell 12-14 ST, Withdean was a grim football watching experience, we have fans queing up to watch attractive football and a stadium that is a licence to print money (that I am happy to spend), the more people that experinece it the more who will invest in ST, tickets, BHA product.

Happy days, bring it on and see me smile in the Bus and Train Q, (only £1.50, bargain...)

Superseagull

Jul 8, 2003
view from east upper will be great. hope the club also plan for getting some disabled access to upper tier as well.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
view from east upper will be great. hope the club also plan for getting some disabled access to upper tier as well.

Perry has said this is the case, I have it in an email from him.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Honestly don't think the current transport infrastructure can handle x thousand more people. Read the other day that Green party already have concerns about the match day operation (going by Twitter).

What has been said?

The Grockle

Formally Croydon Seagull
Sep 26, 2008
Dorset
On the new seats bit: the planning app goes in on the 16th for the south east and south west corners to be filled in, and the second east tier. Paul Rogers said yesterday there are 2000 on list for season tickets, and 140 on list for 1901

Great news if true (no reason to doubt you) shame they don’t appear to be looking at the north corners yet as I reckon that would really add to the overall look of the stadium.

I’ve said it before but I really do believe that when complete, the Amex will be the best looking 30k stadium In the country.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Does anyone still have an issue with transport? I think it's great. Apart from the Sunday game I've never waited more than 20 mins for a train back to Brighton..... It's a smooth operation IMHO

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
Does anyone still have an issue with transport? I think it's great. Apart from the Sunday game I've never waited more than 20 mins for a train back to Brighton..... It's a smooth operation IMHO

I agree completely but people have unrealistic expectations. They expect some kind of transporter device.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
I agree completely but people have unrealistic expectations. They expect some kind of transporter device.

No mate I disagree ... I think everyone is pretty level headed about it ... the big prob (and one that I experience) is the nonsensical way they load the P&R buses. It could be done so much quicker .. standing at the end of that long line (as I have to cos my seat is in middle of row near front and it takes ages to get on to the concourse) and watching the 1 by 1 loading makes me want to cry

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
This. An hour isn't bad for 20,000 people. People just need to be more realistic.

Massive THIS. If you want to go to a Brighton game then expect to allow up to an hour to get away, just like you do at Wembley, Reading, Arsenal, concerts, festivals etc. I cannot believe any Brighton fan would be AGAINST the new seats, our ground complete with 30,000 seats would be absolutely fantastic.

Embrace it, enjoy it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here