Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Additional Seats.

Pixelated Penguin

Jul 5, 2011
Application for new seats and training ground submitted to respective councils on 19 so i'm led to believe but can the road and rail cope with a possible 8,000 more spectators too and from the Amex?...they struggle some what now.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Do you mean 19th December because there hasn't been an application so far? Also, there will only be one council involved - Brighton and Hove.

Edit: sorry, have re-read, obviously the training ground will be for Adur council.

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
Last I heard the location of the training ground hadn't even been finalised.

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
Was finalised ages ago... near Shoreham Airport.

Thats certainly the preferred location, but still not signed and sealed from what I gather.

DanielT

On the new seats bit: the planning app goes in on the 16th for the south east and south west corners to be filled in, and the second east tier. Paul Rogers said yesterday there are 2000 on list for season tickets, and 140 on list for 1901

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
Application for new seats and training ground submitted to respective councils on 19 so i'm led to believe but can the road and rail cope with a possible 8,000 more spectators too and from the Amex?...they struggle some what now.

My guess is that the seats will be approved, but the allowed capacity will be slowly increased in line with public transport improvements.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I still think they have a lot of work to do to get people out of the stadium in good time after the match. It certainly seems to be the case that people have settled into their routines in getting to the game.

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
My guess is that the seats will be approved, but the allowed capacity will be slowly increased in line with public transport improvements.

I thought it'd been confirmed we don't need any planning permission to put the seats in, only to use them?

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
I thought it'd been confirmed we don't need any planning permission to put the seats in, only to use them?

Ah! I wasn't sure about the current planning conditions. But if that is the case, then we will have to see how the albion can demonstrate that public transport to and from the stadium can be improved further.

Using the extra seats would need the Council to agree to vary the existing planning conditions. If using the extra seats creates the need for new parking facilities, there'll need to be a planning application. If the Club want to rely on existing parking facilities (which is difficult to imagine working), there'll need to be a convincing environmental impact assessment to identify how the travel plan will work.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Believe the club are optimistic about the planning applications for ground expansion. However big driver is potential new 1901 members and they could sell out all the new boxes as soon as they go on sale.

Paskman

Not a user
May 9, 2008
Chiddingly, United Kingdom
Anyone else considering the East Upper?

Yes, currently in the East in row F near halfway. However as soon as there is the slightest drop of rain get wet! Do like being near the action though. I wonder if current season ticket holders will get a priority choice (+ those on the waiting list) before any new season tickets go on general sale?

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
Using the extra seats would need the Council to agree to vary the existing planning conditions. If using the extra seats creates the need for new parking facilities, there'll need to be a planning application. If the Club want to rely on existing parking facilities (which is difficult to imagine working), there'll need to be a convincing environmental impact assessment to identify how the travel plan will work.

This guy knows what he's talking about.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here