Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Adding "NHS Covid Pass" to Apple Wallet

227 BHA

Jul 5, 2003
Findon Valley, Worthing
I cannot for the life of me find anywhere in the NHS app where you enter your vaccination results or any sort of qr code? I could enter test results but can’t work out how you guys are doing this? (IPhone XS and NHS Covid app)

brightn'ove

cringe
Apr 12, 2011
London
I cannot for the life of me find anywhere in the NHS app where you enter your vaccination results or any sort of qr code? I could enter test results but can’t work out how you guys are doing this? (IPhone XS and NHS Covid app)

It's on the normal NHS app (where you can order prescriptions, speak to your gp etc.), not the NHS covid app.

Me and my Monkey

Nov 3, 2015

It's a different app, I.e. NHS app, not NHS covid app. Takes a little while to get properly set up to show your covid pass, but not really complicated.

Rogero

Aug 4, 2010
Shoreham
Apple phones are so yesterday

I am so pleased with my new Apple phone . I had an old version and had trouble getting into the Man City game . This thankfully made me update and bring me into the 21st century . It also enabled me to watch some of the Euros on it whilst camping.

Poyningsgull

Apr 12, 2007
Yes, I think so. We also have to download match tickets into the wallet on a game by game basis so both tasks will be a part of pre match routine. Probably takes less time than wondering where your ST card is and checking all your coats and the dog’s basket.

No you don't. The ticket automatically updates each game. I asked the club that very question.

227 BHA

Jul 5, 2003
Findon Valley, Worthing
Done. But mines only valid til August 1st after all that?
Edit: think it’s cos of the way I verified my info on setup (waiting for photo ID verification) so maybe after 24 hours I’ll get a full month?

Last edited:

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003

Don't think anyone's explicitly said this yet, but you don't enter your vaccination results on the NHS app, the app pulls them in from your medical records where they are held centrally by NHS. A QR code lasts for 30 days and a new one is generated every time you log into the app. Not sure if this invalidates the previous QR code if yoz're still within the 30 days tho. Would think that it does

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
It's a bit iffy IMHO that the NHS app (like any app) has so many 'flavours'. Apple version seems ahead of the game, but even within android there's different versions. Somebody yesterday said they were able to take screenshots from within the app. Presumably an older version. My version shows a 'shimmer' on the covid results screen and no screenshotting is allowed anywhere within the app for 'security policy reasons'. I believe from something I read that this version was only introduced last weekend

227 BHA

Jul 5, 2003
Findon Valley, Worthing
Don't think anyone's explicitly said this yet, but you don't enter your vaccination results on the NHS app, the app pulls them in from your medical records where they are held centrally by NHS. A QR code lasts for 30 days and a new one is generated every time you log into the app. Not sure if this invalidates the previous QR code if yoz're still within the 30 days tho. Would think that it does
Thanks, all done but am awaiting id verification hence mine is only valid for 2 days (I presume?)

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Del of Albion

Jul 15, 2009
East Sussex
Just noticed in the NHS App on iPhone, you can add your "NHS Covid Pass" to Apple Wallet.

Just navigate to it in the NHS App and you should have the option to do so below the QR code.

It's now sitting in my Apple Wallet alongside my Albion season ticket, both in fetching blue.

I imagine the same exists in Android-land, or maybe it doesn't. Who cares, anyway?

I have just added to my wallet but I see there is a renewal date. Does that update automatically as well?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here