Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Addiction

Synical Sid

Jul 24, 2009
Shoreham-by-Sea
My First Post

My name is Sid and this is my first post.

My addiction started in 73’, it all seemed so innocent at first, you know, a family friend offers to take you to a game, you go along to see what all the fuss is about and before you know it, they have you hooked, even if it was a 1-0 loss against Halifax.

Now I am not saying I am one of those amazing supporters that go every week (well I did between 76-79 when circumstances permitted) but I do find that I just can’t stop looking for Albion news, listening to the radio, using NSC or buying anything that has even a remotely related Albion article, Saturdays around 3 effect me the most. A win will result in a high until the next fix, whereas a defeat will mean an anxious wait until I can remedy my depression with my next fix.

I tried the Withdean method, to rid me of my addiction and it did work for a while, getting soaked and frozen did dampen my addiction a little, but now the unthinkable has happened, the Albion have gone all state of the art, successful and dare I say it...trendy.

The temptation will be too great, not to follow the masses into that lovely gleaming stadium, I fear it is only a matter of time before I once again watch the Albion in the top league, surrounded by tens of thousands of my fellow addicts, roll on the Falmer years!

:amex:

Poyetry In Motion

Pooetry Motions
Feb 26, 2009
6.61 miles from the Amex
Welcome Sid. I like your chirpy optimism. A few of the misery guts on here could do with some of that!

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
You're not really living up to your username, it has to be said.

Never mind though, top posting. In a happy coincidence, I shall be mostly drinking in Shoreham on Friday night.

Freddie Goodwin.

Mar 31, 2007
Brighton
Wou;d that have been a dull & dreary day against halifax and maybe them playing in green & black stripes?

Lurker

62 years and counting ...
Mar 8, 2010
West Midlands
Wou;d that have been a dull & dreary day against halifax and maybe them playing in green & black stripes?

I remember a 1-0 loss at home to Halifax?
Can't remember the year? Early 60's?
The country was in the grip of a deep freeze?
Snow & Ice everywhere, including the Goldstone.
Anyone else remember it?

If I recall correctly, only 1 game beat the freeze in the whole of the country .... BHA v Halifax.

The only reason the game went ahead was because the club mobilised as many volunteers as they could to clear the pitch and terracing of snow ... and then they somehow got hold of an industrial strength blow torch, the type used to burn off white lines from tarmac, which was utilised to de-freeze the goalmouths?

A fantastic effort from everybody concerned .....
............. and then we go and lose 1-0 to a crap team.

What a f***ing waste of time and effort.

Freddie Goodwin.

Mar 31, 2007
Brighton
I was too young for the game Mr Lurker mentions above, but I have heard about it.

I reckon your game was one of the last for pat saward as we lost our 1st 6 home games, rarely scoring either, so you did well to get hooked!

Shortly after Clough arrived. You just never know with Albion!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here