Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Adams Will Turn It Round

HseagullsH

NSC's tipster
May 15, 2008
Brighton
Not impressed with Micky but we have too good a squad not to turn it around to some degree.

If Micky literally does the basics of playing Virgo in the right position and playing our best available team then we will move up the league.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Good old Mickey.

The man who gave us the phrase,

''Keep the Faith''

and then f***ed off to Leicester.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
oh ffs why are people saying it will be good as long as we don't go down??! LAST season was the building blocks for a playoff push THIS season... rediculous...

MAYBE the foot's off the gas now that there's a year's delay on moving to Falmer. No real reason to bust a gut to go up this season anymore, and then have to maintain that status for an extra season, what with all the additional expenses, wages etc.

Probably not the club's thinking at the moment, but could easily become the club's thinking come January.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
MAYBE the foot's off the gas now that there's a year's delay on moving to Falmer. No real reason to bust a gut to go up this season anymore, and then have to maintain that status for an extra season, what with all the additional expenses, wages etc.

Probably not the club's thinking at the moment, but could easily become the club's thinking come January.

When the fans take THEIR foot off the gas Thomas and only 4000k turn up we will be in deep doo doo.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005

where to start with what is wrong with this. The extra money that comes in from TV alone would be worth it and then add in extra crowds greater exposure in attracting more fans...

I think Adams was brought here to make the push for the Championship but at the moment we are a long way from a play off place, would like to say that Adams will turn it around and all will be good but at the moment can't see it

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
He already has done.

He's turned a decent team into a shit one in barely 2 months.

If anyone really thinks that last year's team was that decent, they must have been watching a different club. There was a good spell near Xmas - the rest of the time it was mid-table mediocrity. Don't remember anyone truly believing we could make the play-offs, and the quality of the players now individually is much higher, which suggests once they gel properly we'll be a lot better off.

So sick of the Adams bashing. Be careful what you wish for - can't see us attracting another manager of his quality once he's been hounded out. We seem to be another Newcastle. Eventually we'll get the boss the fans deserve because of the ludicrous expectations and impatience.

Spider

Sep 15, 2007
If anyone really thinks that last year's team was that decent, they must have been watching a different club. There was a good spell near Xmas - the rest of the time it was mid-table mediocrity. Don't remember anyone truly believing we could make the play-offs, and the quality of the players now individually is much higher, which suggests once they gel properly we'll be a lot better off.

So sick of the Adams bashing. Be careful what you wish for - can't see us attracting another manager of his quality once he's been hounded out. We seem to be another Newcastle. Eventually we'll get the boss the fans deserve because of the ludicrous expectations and impatience.

Considering we went into the Port Vale/Southend matches with a really realistic chance of the play offs (and indeed had we beaten those teams we would have been in them - a big 'if' I realise), I think it's a little harsh to say we were a team of mid-table mediocrity. We had a good side last year, our problem was consistency, we never really got a winning spell together (even our good pre-christmas spell had a lot of draws), but we put in some great performances that were worthy of a play off team (Doncaster, Oldham, Crewe), let's not forget this is League 1.

And although I agree there's no point in hounding Adams out at this point, there's equally no point in blindly saying "he's a great manager, the likes of which we won't be able to get if he goes". He's as good manager as his results. I don't think there's a huge amount of fans who want him gone yet, and certainly very few who have more than a handful of braincells that do, but his supposed quality as a manager is only of use if it's put into practise on a pitch. I think he will turn it round, I think he is a decent manager, but you seem to have pretty rose-tinted glasses.

Oh, and we're no another Newcastle. Unfortunately it's the culture of football supporters now, but I doubt there's many League clubs whose fans wouldn't boo if their team put in performances like some of ours at home this season.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
We seem to be another Newcastle. Eventually we'll get the boss the fans deserve because of the ludicrous expectations and impatience.
That almost sounds like it could be something that's already happened.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Good old Mickey.

The man who gave us the phrase,

''Keep the Faith''

and then f***ed off to Leicester.
:D You see, despite his moaning, he did keep the faith - and the gig at a bigger club did indeed come knocking. (Too bad it was only #2 but there you go)

Eh? We were in a GREAT position for the playoffs. We sneaked up to 5th place at one point, and then fell away towards the end.

So sick of the Adams bashing. Be careful what you wish for - can't see us attracting another manager of his quality once he's been hounded out.
Well I'm sick of Adams' crap team selection and the fact that he's replaced half our promising young team with has-been or never-were journeymen DROSS. And anyway, you're having a LAUGH because we've never failed to attract decent management before now. Coppell & Taylor both followed Adams and were actually BETTER, IMO.

We seem to be another Newcastle. Eventually we'll get the boss the fans deserve because of the ludicrous expectations and impatience.
Ridiculous. Most of our support had sufficient patience to watch Wilkins build a side out of the embers of McGhees rubbish to near play-off challengers and it took 2 years.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Considering we went into the Port Vale/Southend matches with a really realistic chance of the play offs (and indeed had we beaten those teams we would have been in them - a big 'if' I realise), I think it's a little harsh to say we were a team of mid-table mediocrity.

You're right. We did go into them with a chance, but what happened? The inconsistency you talk about reared its head again. So we were stuffed by a team that was all but relegated, and then surrendered pitifully at Southend with the players virtually in open revolt about the tactics and the genius 'diamond' formation (really playing to Murray's strengths, having no wingers!).

It's good you chose those two matches because they absolutely proved beyond doubt that we were not a promotion team. One very good reason, no doubt, that Adams wanted to get in some more experienced players to cope with the pressure of a play-off push when the season starts to get really serious (i.e. about five months time).

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here