Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

adams to quit on monday?

Deadly Danson

Oct 22, 2003
Brighton
So Micky Adams quits tomorrow. Woohoo, lots of people on here are delighted but look ahead. In the short term, the transfer window shuts in two weeks. So we are quick and appoint a new manager within a week which leaves the new manager with a week to make any necessary changes. Alternatively, we buy in players who the new manager may not want in the meantime.

So we all agree we need new players but you want all our targets to change two weeks before the end of the transfer window. Great idea :rolleyes:

Agreed, have to admit I'm worried that Adams has lost it but it's totally the wrong time to lose a manager. I think we've got to at least see what, if anything he comes up with during the transfer window (not that I'm hopeful) and take it from there. Shit situation either way really.

thedonkeycentrehalf

Moved back to wear the gloves (again)
Jul 7, 2003
So Micky Adams quits tomorrow. Woohoo, lots of people on here are delighted but look ahead. In the short term, the transfer window shuts in two weeks. So we are quick and appoint a new manager within a week which leaves the new manager with a week to make any necessary changes. Alternatively, we buy in players who the new manager may not want in the meantime.

So we all agree we need new players but you want all our targets to change two weeks before the end of the transfer window. Great idea :rolleyes:

Take your point but then again, the loan window then reopens and a new manager and coaching team may have better contacts/reputation that would enable us to attract some decent players on loan to get us out of this mire.

Brian Fantana

Oct 8, 2006
In the field

To be honest I would trust a new manager to get more out of our current players than Micky. Maybe he would actually play people in correct positions?

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
To be honest I would trust a new manager to get more out of our current players than Micky. Maybe he would actually play people in correct positions?

The midfield is definitely not good enough and left back is a worry. I am far from convinced by Adams but we have to give him January to bring in players and then February to let them settle in. If we are still bottom six by then it will probably be time.

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
The midfield is definitely not good enough and left back is a worry. I am far from convinced by Adams but we have to give him January to bring in players and then February to let them settle in. If we are still bottom six by then it will probably be time.

and with the imminent closing of the loan/free transfer window, it will leave a new manager with an even TOUGHER task - especially if we are even deeper in trouble, which i imagine is quite likely

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
wouldn't be sad if this was true, but he is not going to walk is he lets be honest

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
Doubt he will quit...just some-ones wishful thinking....The wrong time to get a new man if he does thou and we would def not see any new signings then...

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
I think by then if things haven't changed dramatically it will be too late anyway. The loan window means the transfer window is not the be and end all anyway. And, if we take this to be true, it's not that we have DECIDED now is the right time. If he resigns.

wouldn't be sad if this was true, but he is not going to walk is he lets be honest
Doubt he will quit...just some-ones wishful thinking....The wrong time to get a new man if he does thou and we would def not see any new signings then...
There was a post the night before the Swindon game by a poster who has been shown to have inside knowledge before implying that he was going to leave after that game, which would fit with what some people have said now.
Also Adams has walked from clubs before.

ewe2

Mar 14, 2008
Hailsham area
We are not scoring .......If Adams can solve this then we will be ok ! Our midfield need to be looking to score.

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
2 games away from wembley . and he is leaving? hmmmmm a man of high moral standard or totally ga ga or as usual twaddle.

les dynam

Oct 10, 2008
Hove
i think luton is his third 'last chance' match. my understanding is that he was told before the leicester and millwall fixtures he would be sacked if we lost both. swindon away similar story. difference this time is that i think he'll walk if we lose.

i assume knight will have to step aside once mickey goes - and its clear when and not if. he's miles out of his depth.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
2 games away from wembley . and he is leaving? hmmmmm a man of high moral standard or totally ga ga or as usual twaddle.
Or to put it another way - 4 months from Wembley. Maybe he like the rest of us can't see how he's going to turn this around. I think Adams is a decent man, and if that was the situation he would walk.

les dynam

Oct 10, 2008
Hove
what does history tell us? we all know he walked away from us last time round, but am i right in thinking he was sacked at fulham, leicester and cov? i may be wrong. don't know about his stints at brentford and swansea.

i think he's someone who hangs on until he's pushed out the door. could somebody go and open the door please

fire&skill

Killer-Diller
Jan 17, 2009
Shoreham-by-Sea
Perhaps a new manager might tell the players that there are other options rather than hoofing the ball as far into the stratosphere as possible and seeing where it lands?

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
what does history tell us? we all know he walked away from us last time round, but am i right in thinking he was sacked at fulham, leicester and cov? i may be wrong. don't know about his stints at brentford and swansea.

i think he's someone who hangs on until he's pushed out the door. could somebody go and open the door please
He walked from Swansea after about two weeks. He resigned from Leicester. Not sure about Brentford.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Micky has to be under intense pressure at the moment to get a string of results going. Even if we lose on Tuesday by 1-0 or 2-0 there is still the 2nd leg and my prediction is that if we dont get through to the final at Wembley the Board will ask him to tender his resignation. If we get to Wembley then his job is secure whether or not we win the pisspot or get relegated and he will be given another chance of rebuilding the squad which means a mass exodus of players.

Jim in the West

NSC Patron
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West
If the club has any intention of getting rid of Adams, why is DK quoted in yesterday's programme as follows: "we've got faith in his ability to do the job which we brought him back to Brighton to do." The only way that MA is leaving is resignation. I heard something along the lines that the Blooms haven't got much faith in his signings, so are keeping the purse-strings rather tight at the mo. Maybe that might lead to Micky deciding to quit? Bit of a long shot though....

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here