Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Adams signings...

y2dave

Jul 23, 2003
Bracknell
Assuming Hawkins, Mcleod and Livermore were also out of contract I'm interested to know if people feel any of these would have been retained?

I think Fraser, Loft and Hinsh would represent better candidates for these players squad places and should consider themselves very hard done by. While these 3 enjoy another years employment on what I assume will be significantly higher wages our home grown lads who rolled up there sleeves to pull of the great escape are seeking new clubs.

Slade needs at least another year to rebuild and I'd be looking to bomb out at least 4 of our squad ASAP, assuming we can attract interest and wages can be matched.

Anyone agree?

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
Adams signed McNulty and Davies who I would definately keep

McLeod and Livermore are better players than Loft and Fraser, but didnt have the heart or desire to do well for us. That is the same of all the signings pretty much. Probably 35 of the 41 players we used fit into that catergory too

Arrid

Jul 26, 2004
I would have got rid of all 6 names you mentioned if it were possible and added Dixon to them!

y2dave

Jul 23, 2003
Bracknell
Not disputing Slades decisions but I think the presence of Livermore, Hawkins and Mcleod will have contributed to the brutal cull and maybe cost a few younger, hungrier players further time to develop.

Bald Gull

Jul 5, 2003
London
Assuming Hawkins, Mcleod and Livermore were also out of contract I'm interested to know if people feel any of these would have been retained?

I think Fraser, Loft and Hinsh would represent better candidates for these players squad places and should consider themselves very hard done by. While these 3 enjoy another years employment on what I assume will be significantly higher wages our home grown lads who rolled up there sleeves to pull of the great escape are seeking new clubs.

Slade needs at least another year to rebuild and I'd be looking to bomb out at least 4 of our squad ASAP, assuming we can attract interest and wages can be matched.

Anyone agree?

Not sure if I would have kept 3 of the 6 listed above if all their contracts were up. However, if I had to choose 3, I'd have kept the three released over the three Adams signings - so yes, I do agree with you!

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
I agree. Those signings have been utter gash, and cost us more than just their wages.

7:18

Brighton & Hove Albion
Aug 6, 2006
Brighton, England
would rather have fraser loft and sullivan than mcleod livermore and hawkins...anyday

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
If McLeod could get fit he'd be decent. Livermore is awful

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
would rather have fraser loft and sullivan than mcleod livermore and hawkins...anyday

Agreed.

I hope that Livermore and McLeod are transfer-listed, or at least told that if they want to find another club, the Albion won't stand in their way. We know the latter is capable of good stuff, but for whatever reason hasn't or won't produce it. As for Livermore - a spiteful donkey with an pretty severe attitude problem and a disciplinary record to match. Not surprised Slade off-loaded him to Luton for a while.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
wouldn't be very surprised if Livermore and Dixon didn't go on the transfer list at least and possibly McLeod and Hawkins too....that is the part we have yet to hear.

Maybe tomorrow after he has spoken to the players concerned?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here