Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Adams Resigns

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Adams Resigns as Assistant Coach

Michael Adams, who was in his third year as a Maryland assistant coach, has resigned citing personal reasons, Gary Williams announced today.

Assistant recruiting coordinator Robert Ehsan will take Adams’ place for the remainder of the season, “at which time a national search will be conducted,” according to a press release.

“I have enjoyed my time at Maryland and hate to leave the team during the season, but family comes first,” Adams said in a press release.

“I think he was looking at how busy it gets with the season starting the last week or so. He just felt like he needed to be in another place at this time,” Williams said.

“He really helped us. Obviously he’s great with the players, great working with shooting and things like that so he really contributed a lot to the program. I see where he’s coming from in terms of him wanting to do what’s best for his family situation. I just wish him all the best because he was really good for us here.”

Adams was hired as an assistant in April of 2005. He played under Williams at Boston College for four years and spent 14 seasons in the NBA as both a player and coach. He was the head coach of the WNBA’s Washington Mystics in 2004.

Ehsan enters his third year with Maryland and will assume the full duties of an assistant coach.

“He’s typical of all the young guns on the way up,” Williams said. “They got the computer skills which I lack and that becomes very valuable. He’s sharp, he’s on his game, there’s no breaking in period with the players. They respect what he’s done both basketball-wise and academically with them.”

backson

Registered Mis-user
Jul 26, 2004
You just know some people are going to call you some not very nice names now, don't you?

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Sorry I am bored and fed up and someone had to do it.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
beating_a_dead_horse.jpg

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Can't quite believe it took until 11:29 for a thread like this to appear.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Apologies everyone I don't know what possessed me :dunce:

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Funny.

What's going to be annoying, is if Adams does resign today and someone posts a thread saying 'Adams resigns' I'm gonna ignore it thinking thi shas been bumped...

But yeah, I don't see Micky resigning today.

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
20,687 of the highest quality posts known to man.

You're one of the Gods on NSC, you should be really, really proud.

I think you're the best and your sense of humour, for me anyway, is hitherto unparalleled.

I await ....88. Yey!

Kosh

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here