Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Adams fears axe if we lose tonight

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Micky Adams admitted today he fears for his future if Albion miss out on Wembley.

He has hinted even a place in the Johnstone’s Paint Trophy final may not save him unless the Seagulls’ League form improves.

Adams has left his players in no doubt about the significance of tonight’s result in the return leg of the JP Trophy area final at Luton after last month’s 0-0 draw at Withdean.

“They realise the importance of it,” he said. “We have talked about it, they have talked about it amongst themselves I am sure.

“The consequences of losing are dramatic for everybody I would imagine.

“I feel like I’m in a Wild West movie and the undertaker is measuring me up for a coffin. That’s how it feels.

“My focus at the moment is getting a group of players to Wembley and the supporters back to Wembley and then I am sure my future will be resolved.

“I have got great respect for the supporters. I know they are not happy with me at the moment, and I can understand that, but nothing will change my admiration for them.”

Adams signed a three-year contract when he was re-appointed manager in the summer.

He has vowed not to quit but is under mounting pressure from some fans following Saturday’s home defeat by Carlisle, which dropped Albion back into the League One relegation zone.

“What ever comes my way will happen,” Adams said. “My big concern, and my big focus, is getting everybody there (to Wembley). I am not worried about me.

“The final is in April. Let’s get there and who ever is in charge will have a nice day out.”

Defensive blunders and missed chances cost Albion dear against Carlisle after Adams named an unchanged side.

Recent signings Craig Davies, Jim McNulty and Seb Carole are all ineligible tonight and, with right-back Andrew Whing fit-again after suspension and a hamstring injury, other players face the axe.

Adams said: “We will make changes and I would think quite dramatic changes.”

Should Micky Adams be given more time regardless of tonight's result?

Print article » Email to a friend » Share

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
I was just reading that. Sorry but whilst I wouldn't want to see Micky have such an inglorious end I have to say that if we lose tonight and for the good of the club and it's fans he really should say goodbye.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
We are 45 mins away from Wembley and preparations couldn't be any worse can it? A manager who is under huge pressure to save his job,mixed with the team totally out of form and low on confidence.
I honestly can see an upset here.Hartford is under no pressure and there team probably excepts relegation is nailed on.

Stumpy Tim

Will Adams stay if we scrape through on pens? He should be on his way whatever happens. Maybe Knight doesn't want to disrupt the team just before the semi... with any luck Thicky will get the BOOT tomorrow whatever happens

beardy gull

Jul 18, 2003
Portslade
We are 45 mins away from Wembley and preparations couldn't be any worse can it? A manager who is under huge pressure to save his job,mixed with the team totally out of form and low on confidence.
I honestly can see an upset here.Hartford is under no pressure and there team probably excepts relegation is nailed on.

45?

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
Still 90 minutes - I do understand what Algie is saying though. I think he is spot on with that post, can see an upset tonight.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
How much of an upset would it be? We're a 4th division side in all but name, and they're a team who would be just below mid table in that division if not for points deductions. Oh and they're at home.

It's a 50/50 game IMO, which just about says it all about Adams' disastrous regime second time around. :nono:

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
I was looking at the pictures in the sun yesterday,in the caf at lunchtime. The Albion match report included a mention that according to a poll on an Albion related website:ohmy:
The majority wanted Micky out. Be careful what you wish for!:dunce:

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
How much of an upset would it be? We're a 4th division side in all but name, and they're a team who would be just below mid table in that division if not for points deductions. Oh and they're at home.

It's a 50/50 game IMO, which just about says it all about Adams' disastrous regime second time around. :nono:

As far as i'm concerned it's an upset.If we can't beat a league 2 side over two legs then something is seriously wrong.
Even without the points deductions they are still a poor side.We saw that in the first leg.I fully except them to raise there game against us and our defence will probably buckle.If he plays El-abd again in the middle i will be very pissed off.

Mr Banana

Tedious chump
Aug 8, 2005
Standing in the way of control
“What ever comes my way will happen,” Adams said. “My big concern, and my big focus, is getting everybody there (to Wembley). I am not worried about me.

As much as I think Micky has lost it (admiration for the fans? Since when?) I give him credit for not talking about himself in the third person here. Ince or someone would almost certainly have said "I am not worried about Paul Ince." That does my noggin.

PS Thicky Adams! You people are hilarious!

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Upset ?.

Luton Town are the bookies favourites to win tomorrow. BHAFC are the outsiders.

DJ Leon

Aug 30, 2003
Hassocks
Personally, I think he hasn't been sacked before this game because of its importance. If he loses it, I think he will go - perhaps he's already been told this.

dannyboy

tfso!
Oct 20, 2003
Waikanae NZ
he does sound very downbeat . i hope that defeatist attitude doesnt filter down to the players. also maybe im reading into it a little bit more than i shoud , but it sounds like hes been given some sort of ultimatumor he knows hes already out.. wookies lawrie sanchez rumour?

for the record lets win tonight then sack him then get someone in place for millwall, get the players motivated as they often do for a new manager , beat millwall then off we go.

in reality..... lose tonight lose millwall, i will be well pissed off , and will prob go orient for the laugh and beers but wont go to another this season.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
If we lose tonight Adams job is untenable. I think the Blooms will call time and say " enough is enough " put Adams out of his misery and lets start looking again with a chance still of staying up. Sad but Adams this time has been a copy of the old Adams, he has shown no passion, no desire, no motivation, no inspiration and just gone through the motions. The guy does not have the desire anymore and with his body language it all says " what am I doing here ? ". He skulks in the dug out when things are going badly and is so far removed from the Adams of old he may as well be someone totally different.

forumwayseagull

Oct 22, 2005
Rochester kent
In truth he does sound defeated. BUT why has it taken this long for ANYONE TO NOTICE THAT WE ARE CRAP FROM THE CLUBS PERSPECTIVE?

Managers are getting sacked left right and centre (33 so far this season) and MA rightly should worry. Tonight in TRUTH has to be the bench mark from what the club decide to do. If we fail now what have we got to look forwards to? I then cannot see a result away at Millwall and how long can we continue before it will become too late?

OR we win, get a psychological boost move on.......

OR we win and MA is sacked anyway and we get someone in to change things for the rest of the seaon ( we now have the players to do it)......

Either which way something has to give later.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
If this is his last chance, then I HOPE TO GOD WE LOSE AND LOSE BADLY. Then he can f*** OFF. Anything else is prolonging our agony and the slide into oblivion.

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
He wont face the axe otherwise he gets a pay out on the remaining two and half years of his contract, which I should imagine is a lot of money.

I guess if the fans really want him out then they should wait for a high profile game, that is live on tv to the rest of the national and probably some countries round the world.......................oh

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
To be honest I think he should go even if we win tonight. A victory over two legs against league two opposition shouldn't be allowed to paper over the cracks in the club at the moment.

Sadly MA has consistently failed to get the best out of a squad which on the face it has some pretty reasonable players in it. I just cannot see him turning it around, and we are in a desperate situation in the league. I am loathe to join the almost constant chorus of manager out that affects most teams pretty much all the time, but I just get the feeling that Adams is a busted flush at this club, and what's more he gives the impression of feeling that way himself.

Jim in the West

NSC Patron
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West
“My focus at the moment is getting a group of players to Wembley and the supporters back to Wembley and then I am sure my future will be resolved."
“The final is in April. Let’s get there and who ever is in charge will have a nice day out.”

Those are the two key quotes - something will happen regardless of the result!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here