Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Adams Comments Post Colchester

Smythe

Oct 8, 2008
Brightonian in Manchester
What have you seen THIS season that gives you that belief?

not a lot, i was all for giving him time to turn it around but there are no signs at all that he will.
Problem i see is that if he goes now and we dont get a new manager for say 3 or 4 weeks then thats the transfer window missed. so do we hope Micky can make good use of the transfer window and turn it around or sack him and hope we get someone in quick........or the last option is a new manager can make more of the squad than Micky can, but are there a lot of loan players due to go back in next few weeks?
Its a bit of a shambles really :shrug:

Mike Small

Dec 26, 2008
Everything since Adams came back has baffled me. His constant reference to the "football club" does my head in. He learnt that when he was at Leicester and he isn't the same full blooded manager he was once. Please go Micky your not the person to turn this around. Your the reason we need a turn around. We were a team last year no we are a shambles. At least under Wilkins people wanted to play for the ALbion. I beg you not to have any more money to spend in January if lord forbid you are still here. Please go you yorkshire pudding

A few weeks back, after four defeats on the trot,MA said the mood of the playerrs was good. Right now, they must be ecstatic!!

Ah yes, and the couple of weeks of intense training that followed, which have been a REVELATION to the team in the what....three matches since?

One draw to a league 2 outfit, where we took NOT ONE shot on target, but snatched a penalty shootout result.
And two league losses, slipping into and staying in the relegation 4.

:clap2:

thedonkeycentrehalf

Moved back to wear the gloves (again)
Jul 7, 2003
Besides Ian Hart & Dick Knight, Adams has now lost the faith of the fans.

Does that include the Blooms and every other single Albion fan?

Like all of you I want what's best for the football club, I still believe he can turn it round, but perhaps some things behind the scenes need changing.

Whilst I have no personal axe to grind with him but perhaps its time to let Dean White go and bring in a new coach with fresh ideas.

I might be proved wrong but I would think Dick Knight will not sack the manager, not if what he said on SCR after Shrewsbury is anything to go by.

The coach is not the only problem. Where is the passion from Adams and Co at the moment. From your little wooden box, what do you see when you look across at the benches? Every visiting team seem to have enthusiatic coaching staff who 'coach' and 'manage' their teams through 90 minutes. Our bench hardly moves, hardly shouts and seems lost for ideas and unable to motivate this team. Have you ever seen such a static bunch in all our time watching the Albion? Even Coppell, who isn't reknowned for jumping up and down, showed more interest than the three stooges are at the moment.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
No point in listening to the post match comments always the same thing, unlucky, we will be on the training ground trying to put it right, we have to pick ourselves up

CC2

Nov 9, 2008
"I WILL PICK MYSELF UP FOR SWINDON IF I CAN"

My son and I both took that to mean he is considering resignation.

The '...IF I CAN' bit certainly got a reaction in our car on the way home....

(N.B. Wasn't you in a mini was it going back to Speldhurst? - we followed one nearly all the way back...)

Guillem Balague

Jun 28, 2008
I can't believe you morons are chastising his words after defeat.

Get behind him and the boys, what good to you think this negativity is doing??

I'll tell you what good, no good

BobbySmith

Oct 25, 2004
Worthing
Harty, I do not agree that Adams is safe as Dick would not be the first manager to give a vote of confidence and then sack him ?. Think we need a total change now and this probably a recent thing based on an analysis of the season. Apart from Crewe, Stockport and Tranmere away and home to Millwall/Man City and second half of Leicester game, we have been poor all year, with a 'better' squad and that has to be down to the Management team. White was here last year when we played quite well, so the only change is Adams and Brooker for Wilkins and Chapman, so do not think it is rocket science where the problem is.

Just cant understand the tactics that is my problem, some players are playing out of position and apart from Tranmere away where at last he saw that by playing positive we could win the game (ok I know we lost), but that was real bad luck, most other games we have been so negative with our defensive midfield formation with the Adams 'dream' midfielders of the 2 Adams, who are not midfielders in anyone books, apart from Mickys and do not get me on Fraser on the right hand side of midfield, words fail me.

As I said just before Xmas to you Ian, not really into getting rid of managers mid season, but my logic is failing now, think if he stays we will go down. Think we need to do know before he gets into the transfer market, as we will only buy defensive midfielders, like Wooton. who is a good player, but not a play maker that we all crave for (what happened to that blond kid from Coventry, who is good on the ball, Oh yes he had 6 mins today).

Sorry Harty he has to go, if he does not go we will go down and I am happy to have a bet with you with winnings going to St Barnabos.

Off record, did you phone Stewart ??

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
I can't believe you morons are chastising his words after defeat.

Get behind him and the boys, what good to you think this negativity is doing??

I'll tell you what good, no good

May I just point out for those who don't know...........Guillem Balague, gets "behind him and the boys" from his sofa at home......not the Withdean.

I,m sure all the players and the manager of the club are eternally grateful for this kind of support.

Don Quixote

Nov 4, 2008
Harty i rekon you're being payed off by Dick Knight. Or maybe you are just stubborn since you have been saying he'll turn it around for sometime now and you realise that he won't. You just can't admit it can you?

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
The '...IF I CAN' bit certainly got a reaction in our car on the way home....

(N.B. Wasn't you in a mini was it going back to Speldhurst? - we followed one nearly all the way back...)

Not us - went back via Patcham to see my sister. We did come over Ashdown Forest behind a Brighton shirted chap driving silver car on the way to the game though (until we passed them on the Lewes bypass). You?

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
Besides Ian Hart & Dick Knight, Adams has now lost the faith of the fans.

Does that include the Blooms and every other single Albion fan?

Like all of you I want what's best for the football club, I still believe he can turn it round, but perhaps some things behind the scenes need changing.

Whilst I have no personal axe to grind with him but perhaps its time to let Dean White go and bring in a new coach with fresh ideas.

I might be proved wrong but I would think Dick Knight will not sack the manager, not if what he said on SCR after Shrewsbury is anything to go by.

Will the real Ian Hart plase stand up? What has happened to the bloke whos fanzine and later radio show used to side with the common fan when the shit was hitting the fan? What is wrong with you? I cant believe that in years gone by you would have been on the clubs side with the total mismanagement from top to bottom that is currently going on.

CC2

Nov 9, 2008
Not us - went back via Patcham to see my sister. We did come over Ashdown Forest behind a Brighton shirted chap driving silver car on the way to the game though (until we passed them on the Lewes bypass). You?

Not me. Don't wear a shirt, but did go across the Ashdown Forest (always do) and do have a silver car (although doesn't look very silver with all the muck on it!!). Also I tend to whizz along the Lewes bypass so not many overtake me!!!

bright1064

Dec 21, 2007
Brighton
Dean White, the players, luck, the ref, wind, the little people at the end of my garden, pigeons, bad light, cold season, Withdean stadium, .....

Wait..... I missed one...... MICKEY ADAMS.

Which of the above excuses can YOU name, as the reason we cannot beat anyone even at home, and look like we have absolutely no frickin' CLUE on the pitch?

I think it's the little people in my garden. :thud:

NMH has got it spot on! I couldn't have put it any better myself. :bowdown: I don't see how anyone can flat out refuse to point the blame at Micky Adams? It was Knight's fault in the first place to sack Wilkins, but Micky is responsible for the team and he hasn't got a CLUE.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here