Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Adams albion zero - Hail Zamora

Bluejuice

Lazy as a rug on Valium
Sep 2, 2004
The free state of Kemp Town
BULLSHIT, Adams was just unfortunate this time round but you can't take anything away from the work he did for this club in his first stint.

I've no idea where he went wrong but I know full well that he has plenty to do with the success we enjoyed under him in his fiirst spell as boss.

I still consider Micky Adams to be a great part of our club's history. Shame he couldn't leave on a high but you can't take away what he did for us when we needed him first time round.

lancingtroop

Jul 7, 2008
you cant start slating him just coz it didnt work out this time. he didnt just come back for a pay cheque or anything like that he genuinely cares about this club shame things didnt go well but i will always have fond memories of him as im sure he will of the albion. wish him all the best for the future.:thumbsup:

BUTTERBALL

East Stand Brighton Boyz
Jul 31, 2003
location location
Micky Adams is STILL a Brighton legend for his work here first time round. He laid the foundations not just for two seasons, but for several.

He has supported the club on marches for Falmer and I hope he is still a friend of Brighton. It was a shame it didn't work out this time but that's life.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Minteh Wonderland
Is that relevant? Are you saying because these players had played for him before they can't count as good signings? That would be almost as ridiculous as the original post on this thread. Slade originally watched Dicker when he was at Yeovil, does that mean he does not count as a good signing when he was here?

Tree. Barking. Wrong. You.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Adams legend? Just about for what he did 1st time round.

Yes he stayed with us too long 2nd time. He should have gone by xmas but that was probably DK keeping him on if the rumours are true that he was gonna resign before Swindon away.

Knotty

Feb 5, 2004
Canterbury
That he couldn't spot decent players at other clubs.

My point wasn't that hard to work out, was it? :jester:

No, your point was very easy to work out...it just happens to be wrong in my opinion.

Just because he failed this time doesn't erase his achievements last time, even if you want to invent criticisms of him.

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
For me - Adams provided a sea-change in attitude at the Club. He changed us from "poor old Brighton" into winners. He brought in his own players - got rid of the rubbish that was here (with a few undeserving casualties) - and provided the platform from which we reaped benefit for years after.

Against him was that he thought he was too big for the Club - and embarrassingly touted himself around for every "bigger" club job going. He was also a one-trick wonder - it was the same trick at Fulham, Brentford and the Albion - but with the same players. To his credit - with us he also had Zamora.

So still an important manager for us.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here