Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Adams albion zero - Hail Zamora

Goring Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Huddersfield
I consider Adams now to be a complete Albion zero. Arrogant fucker thinking he could walk back in where he left off. Zamora was the only reason that side were so good the rest and the boss were average joes in my book.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Thanks, and the reason for posting this on the day on a new (ish) manager is announced...

pishhead

Jul 9, 2003
Everywhere
Things move on, yes he f***ed up this time but still goes down as an albion legend in my book.
You can say that about any manager really, but the fact was first time around he built up a good team spirit and his scouting network spotted a certain R Zamora.

Screaming J

He'll put a spell on you
Jul 13, 2004
Exiled from the South Country
I consider Adams now to be a complete Albion zero.
Don't agree. OK he was crap this time but the first time he was great and deserves reverence. Similarly remember Jimmy Case the player (that semi final goal and crunching Souness at the Goldstone in 84) and not the Manager. And Alan Mullery the 1st time, forgetting the debacle of his 2nd term.

Just goes to prove.....never come back!

wizo7

Man Met Massive
Dec 17, 2008
Bolney
This threads a month too late! MA still has to go down as a hero in my books. Yes, he f***ed up this time, but you have too look at the bigger picture! legend.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
do behave, he's still a legend and we will just have to look past the last season. it wasnt just Zamora, it was Steele, Watson, Chippy, Brooker, Hart, Oatway, Morgan, Cullip and others too.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
I consider Adams now to be a complete Albion zero. Arrogant fucker thinking he could walk back in where he left off. Zamora was the only reason that side were so good the rest and the boss were average joes in my book.

Utter bollocks.

Adams will, and should, be remembered for the glory days the first time around.

To say he's a zero just because he made an arse of it this time is ridiculous. He was as much a part of that success as Zamora or anyone else, and should be respected as such.

SittingbourneSeagull

Dec 27, 2007
Sittingbourne

Complete and utter rubbish. Not only was he excellent first time round he has always supported the club on any Falmer protests and issues. Yes he messed up this time round but you can't rewrite history because of that.

Shinbreath

Nov 1, 2008
Hove...
Bit harsh mate... I doubt he came here with a swagger thinking he was Billy Big Bollocks.

And I'm sure he was going through the grinder with the rest of us when we weren't getting the results.

Still deserves his place in the Albion history books..

Dirty Dave

Aug 28, 2006
Worthing

Disagree with everything. In fact, I think in a way survival as redeemed his legend status.

Relegation would have made some people have a grudge on him, taking away his previous acheivments.

But the way things have turned out, perhaps we should remember him for the positive impact and championships he won with the club

Deano's Invisible Pants

Mar 1, 2008
People forget that Micky signed the core of a great team that served us well long after he was gone. Aside from Zamora:

Simon Morgan
Paul Rogers
Richard Carpenter
Danny Cullip
Michel Kuipers
Charlie Oatway
Paul Watson

History will judge him kindly as one of Albion's greatest managers.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Minteh Wonderland
People forget that Micky signed the core of a great team that served us well long after he was gone. Aside from Zamora:

Simon Morgan
Paul Rogers
Richard Carpenter
Danny Cullip
Michel Kuipers
Charlie Oatway
Paul Watson

History will judge him kindly as one of Albion's greatest managers.

The vast majority of which he 'discovered' at his previous clubs...

Stumpy Tim

Russell Slade has saved Adams reputation at Brighton IMO. If we had gone down, he would have been remembered for taking us up to League 1, and taking us down from League 1. Not so special. As it is, he will be remembered for taking us up to League 1 and leaving behind a squad that got up to the Championship

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London

To start this thread today you must be an idiot but I am going to rise to the bait anyway. Micky Adams brought the first promotion I had as a Brighton supporter and will remain a great manager to me (as Mullery will to many of the previous generation of fans). To say that was a one man team is ridiculous as Kuipers, Mayo and Hart are still here and others like Carpenter, Watson, Oatway, Jones, Brooker etc played for us a number of years later. All this thread does is show what a moron you are.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
The vast majority of which he 'discovered' at his previous clubs...

Is that relevant? Are you saying because these players had played for him before they can't count as good signings? That would be almost as ridiculous as the original post on this thread. Slade originally watched Dicker when he was at Yeovil, does that mean he does not count as a good signing when he was here?

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Adams has blotted his copybook, but whilst he is no longer a "legend" he will still be looked upon kindly in the future. If I was Micky I'd be posting a case of Champers to Russell Slade post-haste.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here