Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Adam Virgo

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
f***ing hell if this is true then it goes to show that you can get paid £416,000 a year to not be able to control a football. does he get a testimonial as well?

Nope he was not here long enough.

The issue is more the wages structure that will be imposed as we can have 3 good players for one players wages from now - good business decision

Feb 14, 2010
Nope he was not here long enough.

The issue is more the wages structure that will be imposed as we can have 3 good players for one players wages from now - good business decision

I agree although the bigger question has to be how some bloke who cant control a football gets paid £416,000 a year to play football. English coachs should hang their heads in shame.

The Grockle

Formally Croydon Seagull
Sep 26, 2008
Dorset
I'm sorry, he has been a great servent to the club but do people honestly believe he is good enough for any of the mentioned teams? Ok perhaps hibs but Millwall? Huddersfield LEEDS I mean f***ing hell Leeds!! They will probably be highy competative next season what on earth could he bring to their team?

I don't like to slag off players or ex players but sentiments aside, Virgo is at best an average third division player, i'm sorry but it has to be said.

Feb 14, 2010
I'm sorry, he has been a great servent to the club but do people honestly believe he is good enough for any of the mentioned teams? Ok perhaps hibs but Millwall? Huddersfield LEEDS I mean f***ing hell Leeds!! They will probably be highy competative next season what on earth could he bring to their team?

I don't like to slag off players or ex players but sentiments aside, Virgo is at best an average third division player, i'm sorry but it has to be said.

look at the names of some of the posts not regulars on hear, players friends talking the market up maybe, but time will tell. Personally I would love Virgo to go to say Millwall or a promotion rival next season. h has had a great career for his ability and maybe aberdeen would e another great move and fair play to him

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
Maybe Gus should think about having him back and moving El-Abd to right back

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green

So at best he's an average 3rd Div player (poor average if you ask me) but somehow at the same time he's been a great servant to the club.

He's is imo an unfit, slow, overpaid, skill deficient, poor footballer and one who I was pleased to see go. No opinion on him as a person apart from what I thought to be a rather billy big bollocks attitude in the article in the Argus post Slade

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Why are people suggesting Aberdeen when it was McGhee who sent him out on loan to Exeter who were then non league because he didnt rate him. What has changed with McGhee and his assessment of him.

I would suggest that he would be a decent stopper centre back for a Div 1 or possible lowly Championship club like Scunthorpe but not a side that wants to play football from the back as is Poyets way.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

I believe in Joe Hendry
Oct 4, 2003
Why are people suggesting Aberdeen when it was McGhee who sent him out on loan to Exeter who were then non league because he didnt rate him. What has changed with McGhee and his assessment of him.

I would suggest that he would be a decent stopper centre back for a Div 1 or possible lowly Championship club like Scunthorpe but not a side that wants to play football from the back as is Poyets way.

It was Coppell who sent Virgo out on loan to Exeter, the season before Coppell quit for Reading and McGhee too over.

Virgo pretty quickly forced his way back into the team under McGhee playing at right back in the run to the Playoff win, Virgs was pretty much a regular from January and you know scored a pretty important goal at some point that season.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I wouldnt argue but I thought that it was the other way round McGhee sent him out and Coppell brought him back but thinking about it you are probably right because he played in practically every position except goalkeeper for McGhee.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

I believe in Joe Hendry
Oct 4, 2003
I wouldnt argue but I thought that it was the other way round McGhee sent him out and Coppell brought him back but thinking about it you are probably right because he played in practically every position except goalkeeper for McGhee.

I am right because Coppell was our manager before McGhee so its impossible for McGhee to have sent him out on loan and Coppell to have brought him back.

itszamora

Go Jazz Go
Sep 21, 2003
London

Joey is right. Virgo was our top scorer in our first season in the Championship with McGhee.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here