Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Adam Virgo

Bit unfair to blame him entirely. Two goals were rebounds off Sullivan who should really have held them and another was a penalty which looked a completely barmy decison from Block E.

But not his best in a stripey shirt it has to be said.

cardboard

Jul 8, 2003
Mile Oak
As soon as Boyd was moved to the left after about 25 minutes we were in trouble. Virgs has the turing circle of an oil tanker and to play against probably the most skilled winger in our division was just asking for trouble. Good management by Ferguson to spot the weakness, shame MA didn't spot the same thing.

les dynam

Oct 10, 2008
Hove
incredible to think we sold him for 1.5m then re-signed him few years later for nothing. but unfortunatly the free transfer valuation seems about right.

he could still be a great centre half but since he left us how many games has he played at centre back? he's hardly played at all and from memory, he's been used mainly at full back during his spells at cov and colchester.

can't really see him getting a run in the side at centre half so perhaps he's now first choice right back as he must appear in the 11 without fail.

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
When did he look solid tonight? George Boyd murdered him tonight, he was outpaced out skilled and he gave the bloody penalty away! What game were you watching mate? Because I seriously doubt you were watching the same Adam Virgo I watched.

On watching the game, I sit behind the home dug out and the penalty looked like a dive to me, on the radio they were saying it was certain, and Naylor says similar in the Argus (photo implying the same).

I look forward to seeing a replay as I am sure their was no contact when the guy cuts back. Virgo also got a hard time up at Stockport playing right back. I think he is a consistent player and last night the whole defense was run ragged at times by a confident Peterbourogh side.

If he is ever allowed to play in just one position for a run of games his experience and footballing knowledge can come through.

FalmerforAll!**

NSC's Most Intelligent
Oct 26, 2005
Burgess Hill
Virgo is a class player, but is so spectacularly incapable at right back that it makes you wonder as to what Adams thinks benefits the team by him being there. I wasn't at the game last night so I won't complain about his performance, but at Cheltenham and at home to Hartlepool he gave away the ball so many times it was a joke. Centre back yes, right back, no.

SI 4 BHA

Nov 12, 2003
westdene, brighton
Virgs did have a mare, but as a full back against a very good winger, you do expect some protection from the wide midfielder in front of you. Had we had a right midfielder who understood the role instead of Forster, then Virgs wouldn't have been so exposed and maybe the result could have been different. Either Forster didn't do as he was told, he should have been tracking back with Boyd, or MA didn't spot what was going on!

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Virgo is a class player, but is so spectacularly incapable at right back that it makes you wonder as to what Adams thinks benefits the team by him being there. I wasn't at the game last night so I won't complain about his performance, but at Cheltenham and at home to Hartlepool he gave away the ball so many times it was a joke. Centre back yes, right back, no.

He's just as clumsy at centre-half as he is right back.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here