Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

adam virgo to return

skintmanblues

Feb 7, 2004
Orsham
avery good source close to the club told me virgo will jion on a months loan while spl have there winter break also to give him some first team action

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
Will he return as a striker, CB or RB though?

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Uncle Buck said:
Left back.....

Or in goal or as a winger.

You know Magoo he wont play players in their respective positions...

Beeneys gloves

Jul 7, 2003
Would be great but

From BBC

Virgo aims to state Celtic case

Adam Virgo hopes to use Tuesday's Scotland Future game against Poland as a stepping stone to a starting place in Celtic's first-team.

The defender has failed to become a regular at Celtic Park after his £1.5m summer move from Brighton.

"It's a good confidence boost for myself and it's a good opportunity for me to show I can play first-team football at Celtic," he said.

"When Bobo Balde goes on international duty, there's a chance for me."

Virgo knows he will by vying with Stanislav Varga and Du Wei for a place at the heart of an in-form Celtic defence.

"Although I am the one who has been on the bench, it doesn't mean I am going to automatically come in," he said.

"Stan has been injured and Du Wei has been injured and also away with China."

Meanwhile, Virgo does not believe that Rangers are out of the Scottish title race, despite the holders being 17 points behind his own club.

"We can't get too ahead of ourselves by thinking we are going to win the title," he said.

"Hearts are just behind and have a strong squad.

"It's only December and there's lots of points to be won, so you can never rule out Rangers either."

80's Seagull said:
Will he return as a striker, CB or RB though?

If we don't strengthen up front, he will come back as a striker - McGhee was quoted recently as saying we would have won games with him playing up front.

Nice work getting £1.5m for him and getting him back :lolol: :clap:

Rougvie

Rising Damp
Aug 29, 2003
Hove, f***ing ACTUALLY.
Celtic have been looking to punt him out for a while, Reading, Hull and a 'Spanish' club have all been quoted in the Daily Record, very little chance of him playing with their current set up, so it makes a lot of sense.

Still, by all accounts did well coming on as a sub on Saturday at Aberdeen, his skill at dodging coins was no doubt enhanced also.

He will DEFINATELY start for Scotland B against Poland tonight.

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
So the established goalscorer that we're after is actually a defender. Jolly good :rolleyes:

Jim D

Jul 23, 2003
Worthing
If he does come back then Celtic probably won't mind if he plays in the FA Cup. That could be useful - brings back memories of Wardy in 1983.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
I hope this is true. :drink:

Tom Hark said:
McGhee will probably keep him on the bench :dunce:

Why aren't you standing up more for your boy wonder Jakey! He's been crucified on here this past month but you've kept your down, eh? :lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here