Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Adam Le Fondre: I have no future at Cardiff City, says striker

Lurchy

Jul 2, 2014
A striker who scored a dozen or so goals in the Championship for his previous club, you say? For about £500,000? Like...Chris O'Grady?

Think Le Fondre has a little bit more to his game creativity wise then O'Grady... don't think he's right for us though, he certainly won't bag the amount of goals we need, but he would be ideal for a club like Rotherham.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Think Le Fondre has a little bit more to his game creativity wise then O'Grady... don't think he's right for us though, he certainly won't bag the amount of goals we need, but he would be ideal for a club like Rotherham.

Going back to where he started? He has been replaced by Alex Revell at Cardiff, which tells you all you need to know.

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
Going back to where he started? He has been replaced by Alex Revell at Cardiff, which tells you all you need to know.

What? - that we should be starting countless threads moaning about letting Revell go all those years ago and probably on the cheap too.......:jester:

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Bolton fans appear to have raised about 50p each so far in their plucky bid to sign him...... in total around £5K last I saw. Obviously their fans are desperately keen to get their man.

Never quite understood what happened to ALF since he went to Reading. Natural scorer who became a super sub and now never plays at Cardiff. Must be something to it.........???

Bolton va va

Nov 20, 2012
Bolton fans appear to have raised about 50p each so far in their plucky bid to sign him...... in total around £5K last I saw. Obviously their fans are desperately keen to get their man.

Never quite understood what happened to ALF since he went to Reading. Natural scorer who became a super sub and now never plays at Cardiff. Must be something to it.........???

I think it's quite a bit less than £5k raised so far, but that's more because the collection is thought to be half-arsed & an embarrassment rather than any reflection on Le Fondre.

If there was a properly organised collection, with some sort of backing from the club & some possibilityof it actually bringing Le Fondre back to Bolton, people would be much more willing to contribute. ALF is highly thought of here & £500,000 doesn't seem too much for someone who worked very hard & scored a few goals whilst on loan for us last season.

Of course, even if we signed him , we couldn't afford to pay him any wages :rolleyes:

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
I think it's quite a bit less than £5k raised so far, but that's more because the collection is thought to be half-arsed & an embarrassment rather than any reflection on Le Fondre.

If there was a properly organised collection, with some sort of backing from the club & some possibilityof it actually bringing Le Fondre back to Bolton, people would be much more willing to contribute. ALF is highly thought of here & £500,000 doesn't seem too much for someone who worked very hard & scored a few goals whilst on loan for us last season.

Of course, even if we signed him , we couldn't afford to pay him any wages :rolleyes:

If you do get him for that figure you have a bargain if his head is in the right place. What happened under Adkins and then Slade just raises a question mark about his attitude although I've never heard anything against him being actually said.
I met your chairman once and if he will make a difference you bet you will afford him!
The fund is embarrassing though :lolol:

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
Wouldn't be the slightest surprised if Vincent Tan dumped Cardiff the minute the EapL parachute money stops :shrug:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here