Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Adam Lallana ****Singed****

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I have it on good authority that he took one look at the new shirt and DEMANDED that we sing him.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
One of the biggest problems any emergent club has, especially in the Prem, is getting genuine top quality, big name players to sign.If the Lallana signing actually happens (i still cant get my head round that-I'm waiting for the picture of him holding the shirt) then I think that one of the main benefits to the club will be just this- it will encourage a much higher standard of player to seriously consider us as a good move. With a player of Lallana's quality on the books, whilst maybe not at his absolute peak, but still more than capable of walking into almost any Premier league side other players will look at us as a more genuine prospective club. Llallana will have the telephone numbers of plenty of real quality players and word of mouth will start to spread in the circle of players who we will need to be playing for us if we are going to be genuine contenders rather than also rans. I'm not saying world class players will be queuing up to play for us, but maybe when Brighton is mentioned more and more players of similar quality or potential wont just say "who? or dismiss us out of hand, but start taking an actual interest.

If this signing happens, his on field performances may not be his biggest contribution to the clubs fortunes

That's how Bloom originally started the revolution by recruiting Poyet.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
I have it on good authority that he took one look at the new shirt and DEMANDED that we sing him.

I heard he said “I would never wear a Pompey shirt” and left to join Arsenal or another small club.

[emoji6][emoji2]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
One of the biggest problems any emergent club has, especially in the Prem, is getting genuine top quality, big name players to sign.If the Lallana signing actually happens (i still cant get my head round that-I'm waiting for the picture of him holding the shirt) then I think that one of the main benefits to the club will be just this- it will encourage a much higher standard of player to seriously consider us as a good move. With a player of Lallana's quality on the books, whilst maybe not at his absolute peak, but still more than capable of walking into almost any Premier league side other players will look at us as a more genuine prospective club. Llallana will have the telephone numbers of plenty of real quality players and word of mouth will start to spread in the circle of players who we will need to be playing for us if we are going to be genuine contenders rather than also rans. I'm not saying world class players will be queuing up to play for us, but maybe when Brighton is mentioned more and more players of similar quality or potential wont just say "who? or dismiss us out of hand, but start taking an actual interest.

If this signing happens, his on field performances may not be his biggest contribution to the clubs fortunes

Don't like the saying, but 'doing a Leicester'. 10 -11 years ago they were in Div 2. Now they are a really established PL side and they attract quality players now.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here