Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Adam Lallana ****Singed****

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
I think we changed formation today in anticipation of Lallana joining. 3-5-2 with him in the hole drifting around finding bits of space behind two strikers with limited defensive responsibility. Alexis as back up in this position in the (hugely unlikely) event of Adam getting injured.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
I think we changed formation today in anticipation of Lallana joining. 3-5-2 with him in the hole drifting around finding bits of space behind two strikers with limited defensive responsibility. Alexis as back up in this position in the (hugely unlikely) event of Adam getting injured.

I watched the game thinking just this. Alexis didn’t have the best game, but he’s really young - he can learn from Lallana a lot in the next few seasons. I’d have loved to have seen the silky Lallana get the ball where Alexis picked it up a few times today as I swear he’d make things seriously happen! Agree with your post :thumbsup:

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
Expect a photo of Lallana in the new away top tomorrow...

Ⓩ-Ⓐ-Ⓜ-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ

Hove / Παρος
Apr 7, 2006
Hove / Παρος
Expect a photo of Lallana in the new away top tomorrow...

away.jpg

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Daily Express claiming Spurs, Leicester and Southampton were in for him but chose us for coaching purposes etc:

‘Saints had been keen to re-sign their former player, as had Leicester manager Brendan Rodgers, who signed the playmaker for Liverpool in 2014.

But Lallana has opted to take a wage cut and sign a three year deal with Brighton, with the chance of a coaching role at the club thrown in.’

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Daily Express claiming Spurs, Leicester and Southampton were in for him but chose us for coaching purposes etc:

‘Saints had been keen to re-sign their former player, as had Leicester manager Brendan Rodgers, who signed the playmaker for Liverpool in 2014.

But Lallana has opted to take a wage cut and sign a three year deal with Brighton, with the chance of a coaching role at the club thrown in.’

Read somewhere else that we had offered, three year contract, which was also more appealing to the player.
Hopefully a relegation clause in there somewhere...

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Read somewhere else that we had offered, three year contract, which was also more appealing to the player.
Hopefully a relegation clause in there somewhere...

I would imagine he is well aware we could be in a relegation fight again, and it is his future he is thinking about and after a season he is another year older, slower and even so would be devastating in the Championship. The main goal I get from this is he likes our set up, and a position in coaching/ management is his long term plan and he has picked us as the place to start.
Your not telling me he has not spoken to people at Liverpool and they have urged him we are the right move...

That in itself speaks volumes for us as potential and what we are trying to achieve here., we should all feel very proud and take this as nothing but positive news.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
This is taking so long I am starting to doubt that it will happen :wink:

I am now in full on NSC off season, lack of signings, bedwetter mode

S'hampton Seagull

Oct 12, 2003
Southampton
John Percy from the Telegraph has just tweeted the medical is today, so I'd expect an announcement this evening or perhaps tomorrow.

heathgate

NSC Patron
Apr 13, 2015

He diverted off the M25 and is heading to Norwich as we speak.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla

The Albion always takes ages to complete "the media stuff" for a new signing, and they've got to combine the Lallana announcement and the away kit reveal in one.

Luckily we know the club shop opens at 10am tomorrow, bursting with away kits, so early evening today looks good for the reveal.

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016
Anybody on lookout by the Montefiore Hospital?

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
Just seen going into the Grand accompanied by Michael Owen ... possible double signing today???

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here