Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Adam Lallana ****Singed****

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016

Thanks, just goes to show what a gifted footballer he is.

I remember back in the Championship, when he was at Southampton, saying to the guy next to me that Lallana was too good for this league.

Watching that montage makes me think he is too good to be in a relegation scrap.

Fingers crossed.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Yessssssssssss!!!!

Spence has said he’ll be shit - now we know this really is a transfer worth doing :lol::kiss:

On the one hand we have Ashworth, Potter and the other recruiters who have researched and considered this carefully think it is worth a punt.

On the other we have Spence ... who told us we were getting relegated this season.

Its just hard to know who to believe.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Exciting signing if we can get and keep him on the pitch.

Worth a punt.

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
The quality of making and finishing for some of those goals is something we have been lacking big time. Stay fit and this is one very exciting signing. I am gobsmacked that anyone thinks otherwise :shrug:

It would be a big signing all round. A leader we've desperately been needing in the middle of the park; raising the profile of the club - a statement signing that would hopefully attract others; the role he could play in supporting the development of the youngsters GP has brought through... Fingers crossed it goes through

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
It’s also about time we restocked on Adams.
I remember the glory days when we had about five at the same time.

Perfidious Albion

Oct 25, 2011
At the end of my tether
I'd like to see him put pen to paper and pose with an Albion shirt before I get carried away, but assuming he comes it is a real coup for the club.
Good players attract good players. It will be easier to sign other targets now they can see that a player of his stature is entrusting his immediate future to Brighton.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Hopefully this will appease those that clamour for Premier League experience in our signings.

Feels like it would be a decent signing, which raises the overall quality of the squad.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
The quality of making and finishing for some of those goals is something we have been lacking big time. Stay fit and this is one very exciting signing. I am gobsmacked that anyone thinks otherwise :shrug:

But you’ve hit the nail on the head ‘stay fit’.....

Whilst accepting some of the omissions are selection decisions, he doesn’t have a great record of appearances in recent years. Still a good player, not sure great, I still see Tano tapping his pocket all those years ago.

An improvement on what we have though, which is the most important thing for me.

We have to improve gradually.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
One of the less obvious reasons to be excited about this appears to be the acceptance in the media that he's joining because he wants to be part of, and contribute towards, the evolution that is happening at Brighton. I wonder if this signing, should it happen, will mark a watershed in the way we are viewed from the outside?

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
Aren't you worried that Adam is a defenders name though?

Virgo might dispute that...
I’m happy with two at any one time.
We should never again have less than one.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Thanks, just goes to show what a gifted footballer he is.

I remember back in the Championship, when he was at Southampton, saying to the guy next to me that Lallana was too good for this league.

Watching that montage makes me think he is too good to be in a relegation scrap.

Fingers crossed.

I can remember the home game in the title winning season at Withdean when we had nothing on it but they did - I recall saying Lallana was the best player on the pitch by a mile..! This would be great...

D

Deleted member 2719

I can remember the home game in the title winning season at Withdean when we had nothing on it but they did - I recall saying Lallana was the best player on the pitch by a mile..! This would be great...

I remember that game as he was head and shoulders above everyone when he got on the ball.He would definitely improve our side and should be hungry too.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I remember that game as he was head and shoulders above everyone when he got on the ball.He would definitely improve our side and should be hungry too.

Well he can bin that idea if he comes as he will never be head and shoulders above Dan Burn :wink:

moggy

Oct 15, 2003
southwick
This so much reminds me of when we signed Vicente.
Didn’t play that often but made a massive difference to the team when he did.
Lallana will be an amazing signing, no mater how often he plays

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
Wow. Just wow.

Past it. On the decline, breaks our salary budget, injury prone and no re-sale value at all.

But apart from that he’d be a pretty good signing?

Wtf are some of you smoking.

I don’t think the intention is to build a team around him.

He will play a part on and off the pitch, behind the scenes. As a serial winner, experience of first team football for the PL and European champions, England player of the year. He’ll be a great example and influence to our young squad. Theres a good read I linked earlier in the thread regards to his influence at Anfield. And presumably he will have some sort of coaching position lined up here.

It would be madness to build a team around a 32 year old. That said, for the way he plays I don’t think his age is a problem anyway. A South Coast Pirlo.

That is quite a u-turn you've done there, I salute you :)

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
Made up for this. Exactly what we need. Statement number 2 is again keeping hold of Dunk and statement number 3 getting both White and Molumbey in the 18 next season.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
I don't suggest any comparison between the two players or suggest that Lallana's signing would bring anything like similar results, but the club could be looking for the same kind of thing that Clough & Taylor were looking for when they signed Dave Mackay at Derby. He was in his thirties, he had suffered injuries and they weren't going to make any money on resale. However, they already had good young players with raw potential, but saw the value of adding a player who knew what was needed to succeed at the top level and had the ability to set examples and standards and help lift the expectations of those around him.

That's a good comparison - although Mackay also had the fear factor, none of the young players would want to get on the wrong side of him, Lallana hasn't got that.

But I do agree that he's going to be an inspirational signing. I was a bit sceptical at first, not because he wasn't a good player but he didn't seem to fit the Potter ethos, but having read about him, I can see why he's so appealing.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here