Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Adam Lallana against Man Utd

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Haha, yeah I saw that and I was a bit surprised. There was me expecting to see him calmly walk off the pitch, having a word with the younger guys about keeping a cool head, he looked like he would be the first of our 7 down the tunnel for a royal rumble. I'm not going to complain, nothing wrong with having a bit of fire in your belly, we need that as much as anything.

I guess someone else will have to take on the cool headed role though lol.
After watching again Bruno calmed him down love his passion for us already.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
You can see how he plays the game with much more time than others, clever footballing brain. Lallana, Alzate and Bissouma as a midfield 3 are really perfectly balanced, just have to hope we can keep all 3 fit.

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
Also we all knew that Dale Stephens had a special pass in him, but the reality was that he would do one of those once every one or two games. Adam seems to give us that quality of pass multiple times in just 75 minutes. Not to mention that he keeps the ball a lot better, so we aren't turning over possession nearly as easily as we were. The level of upgrade is spectacular.

Milano

Aug 15, 2012
Sussex but not by the sea
I first saw Lallana on a mate’s stag do in Southampton, he’s a Saints fan and we went to the match, they were in league 1 it must have been about 9-10 years ago now.
Lallana stood out so much as being on a different plane to any other player on the pitch, to the point my mate still remembers me telling him to enjoy watching him while he could.
I wasn’t surprised when he help them get promoted then Liverpool came calling.
Outstanding footballer.
I will be gutted if we never get to watch him live due to this mess.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I first saw Lallana on a mate’s stag do in Southampton, he’s a Saints fan and we went to the match, they were in league 1 it must have been about 9-10 years ago now.
Lallana stood out so much as being on a different plane to any other player on the pitch, to the point my mate still remembers me telling him to enjoy watching him while he could.
I wasn’t surprised when he help them get promoted then Liverpool came calling.
Outstanding footballer.
I will be gutted if we never get to watch him live due to this mess.

Also heard from a very decent source that he was by far and away the hardest trainer at Southampton when he was there - absolute 100% commitment in every session (to the point where he would have to be held back a bit to avoid injuring himself or others) and very angry when others didn't put the effort in.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
It's *almost* as if the recruitment and management teams knew what they were doing. Despite the various derisory comments about him being injured all the time, taking a huge chunk out of the wage budget for doing naff all and other seemingly misinformed opinions.

I know it's early days, but I stand by what I said at the time – fantastic signing on (hopefully) and off (definitely) the field for the Albion.

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
Sure all agree to stop opposition attacks we have to have a defensive midfielder. Stevens played so many games because he was one of few to play that role. Although Biss is in my opinion is an attacking player he took over this position. Alzate and Lalan both played fairly deep against Utd and it worked. We have been desperate for an attacking midfielder to have a goal threat and play closer to Maupay and thought that was position Lalana was going to fill. To be honest we only have Sanders and Malumby who are natural in midfield defensive role. Will be interesting with so many good players favouring attacking midfield how selection goes forward. A little similar at back. All very well while he wants to play 3 CBs but what happens if wants to play say 4 4 2. Will he still feel obligated to play all 3 CBs even if out of position

gazzHands

May 7, 2016
I’d still be tempted to play him further forward, move Trossard into Connolly’s role and keep Biss and Alzate in the middle, fortunately Potter is far more astute than myself so whatever he goes with will be a good call.

Isn't this how we started against Chelsea?

Nameless

Jul 7, 2020
Would go far as to say we have never had a midfield player as good as Adam, certainly not in the last 30 years .

Vicente for me. Lallana could be right up there though, Bissouma could be in the conversation if he fulfils his potential with us.

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
Fatigued a little bit hence why he got pulled off after 75

Christ - the bonuses in the modern day contracts are more complex than I thought. Were the only team to offer this service?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here