Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Adam johnson sacked

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Jesus Christ!
1) He is guilty three offences, not one (cf "the offense"), as you originally contended so you are/were incorrect (ie wrong).
2) The Sentencing Council Guidelines for Sexual Grooming of a child over 13 but under 16 give a range of 1-4 years custody with a starting point of 2 years pre-mitigation/aggravation were the intent was to commit an assault by penetration or rape. If this was not the intent then the range is 1-2.5 years custody with a starting point of 1.5 years. Hence, the judge cannot sentence Johnson to 5 years custody for Grooming so you are wrong again.

You are trying to be pedantic to worm your way out of what you have said. It is you who is wrong in your interpretation . The judge can give him either 5 years on the one most serious count and then whatever on the others all to run concurrently which means he serves 5 years less remission etc. He can however give the sentences to run consecutively so this could increase to anything between 10 and 15 years depending on what the maximum is on each of the other counts, of which I am not certain.

My view is that he should serve between 3 and 4 years.but I do not know all the circumstances that the judge will take into consideration.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
meanwhile the tories continue to fill their off shore bank accounts by skimming % of foreign aid paid out ....it's so obvious my eyeballs are bleeding...ffs.....**** ****...!!

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
That Katie Hopkins is one horrible piece of work...
The thing is, right and wrong isn't always 100% clear. The fact is his actions wouldn't have been a crime in Germany or France, to name a couple of places. They are of course a crime here and he'll get what he deserves IMO, but the actual right and wrong isn't black and white. Perhaps Katie believes the girl knew what she was doing and Katie doesn't see her as a victim. My wife says that if she'd have done similar when she was 15 she'd have been fine with it, even with hindsight.

But I presume Katie doesn't know this girl, so I don't think she should be making such judgements on what the girl is like.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
The thing is, right and wrong isn't always 100% clear. The fact is his actions wouldn't have been a crime in Germany or France, to name a couple of places. They are of course a crime here and he'll get what he deserves IMO, but the actual right and wrong isn't black and white. Perhaps Katie believes the girl knew what she was doing and Katie doesn't see her as a victim. My wife says that if she'd have done similar when she was 15 she'd have been fine with it, even with hindsight.

But I presume Katie doesn't know this girl, so I don't think she should be making such judgements on what the girl is like.

can i have yer wifes number...........at all....?

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
can i have yer wifes number...........at all....?
I'm sorry to disappoint you sydney, but she's not 15 any more. And you're not a footballer.

When discussing with the good lady I was pointing out (not that she needed me to I'm sure) that a 15 year old can't consent, they aren't legally able to, as the law says they're not wise enough. She pointed out that there would have been (I'm guessing famous) people she'd have been happy to jump at that age and she'd still consider it to have been her choice, with hindsight. The fact is we all mature at different ages, and some 15 year old's will have a better idea of what they want from life than some 17 year old's. Of course it's difficult to apply a law that tries to take this into account, and it's better to just have a legal age, and 16 seems like a pretty sensible age to me.

One of my good friends was 15 when she had first relations with her older boyfriend (30 years ago). I tease her that she was raped (which, according to the law she was), which irritates her, as she feels that's clearly not the case, she just had a good relationship with her boyfriend. I'm sure that applies to many women.

gregbrighton

Aug 10, 2014
Brighton

Would your wife be happy if your 15 year old son or daughter was engaging in sexual activity with a 28 year old man?

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

I believe in Joe Hendry
Oct 4, 2003
The thing is, right and wrong isn't always 100% clear. The fact is his actions wouldn't have been a crime in Germany or France, to name a couple of places. They are of course a crime here and he'll get what he deserves IMO, but the actual right and wrong isn't black and white.

In Germany at least there is a caveat on their age of sexual consent law to prevent someone over 21 exploiting someone aged 14 or 15. Had this case been in Germany it could be argued that Johnson's position as a footballer had swayed the girl and he'd exploited that situation. The actual act of sex between the two of them wouldn't have been against the law like it here though and would have taken a complaint by the victim before police would investigate.

One of my good friends was 15 when she had first relations with her older boyfriend (30 years ago). I tease her that she was raped (which, according to the law she was), which irritates her, as she feels that's clearly not the case, she just had a good relationship with her boyfriend. I'm sure that applies to many women.

I don't know what the law was then, but it isn't rape now. A 15 year old can consent to sex, even though they are under the age of consent. It is only rape if the victim is under 13 years of age. Under our current the law a child aged under 13 cannot consent and therefore it is rape.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Would your wife be happy if your 15 year old son or daughter was engaging in sexual activity with a 28 year old man?
I doubt she'd be happy if her 16 year old child was with a 28 year old man, but it's not about whether mum is happy or not. I think AJ was 27 wasn't he?

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Why has his sister started the justice for adam campaign with #teamaj I thought hewss receiving justice with the forthcoming prison sentence.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I don't know what the law was then, but it isn't rape now. A 15 year old can consent to sex, even though they are under the age of consent. It is only rape if the victim is under 13 years of age. Under our current the law a child aged under 13 cannot consent and therefore it is rape.
Oh, I didn't know that.

PS - If it's not called rape, what is it called, since it is a criminal offence?

Last edited:

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
ok mate....i think i should shut up now.....i love a wind up but i was threatened with police action at the age of 14.....she was all over me ...honest.....up the albion...:thumbsup:

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

I believe in Joe Hendry
Oct 4, 2003

Oh, I didn't know that.

PS - If it's not called rape, what is it called, since it is a criminal offence?

Sexual activity with a child. It's what Johnson was charged with on 3 counts, he pleaded guilty to one (and the grooming charge), was found guilty of a further one and then not guilty of the third.

Last edited:

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

I believe in Joe Hendry
Oct 4, 2003

It's all in the 2003 Sexual Offences Act. Under the age of 13 the victim cannot consent and also the defence that it was thought they were older cannot be used. Any sexual activity will be classed tried as rape.

Aged between 13-15 then it becomes sexual activity with a child, it can obviously be rape as well, but the victim can consent. It's why Johnson wasn't charged or tried for rape as the police clearly felt there was consent there.

SAC

May 21, 2014
Sexual activity with a child. It's what Johnson was charged with on 3 counts, he pleaded guilty to one (and the grooming charge), was found guilty of a further one and then not guilty of the third.

I think he was charged with 4 counts, pleaded guilty (at the last moment) to two of them and was found guilty of one more and not guilty of the other.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

I believe in Joe Hendry
Oct 4, 2003
I think he was charged with 4 counts, pleaded guilty (at the last moment) to two of them and was found guilty of one more and not guilty of the other.

He was charged with 4 offences in total, three of sexual activity with a child and 1 of grooming. He pleaded guilty on the first day of the trial to one of the counts of sexual activity and 1 of grooming. He stood trial for the other two counts of sexual activity, one of which he was found guilty and the other not guilty.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here