Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Adam Hinshelwood - Worthing to York

Withdean South Stand

Mar 2, 2014
He made 40 odd appearances for us 04/06 in the Championship.
Such a shame how many injuries he had. I don't recall whether it was one injury which recurred, or if he had multiple, various injuries. I feel like he blew out both knees at different times, possibly the same one twice? Very disappointing, but he's having a great managerial career so far and long may it continue.

stewart12

Jan 16, 2019
Adam was definitely a very good player pre-injuries and agreed with the above he was on course to become a very solid championship level defender. Not necessarily the most naturally gifted but read the game well and was very consistent

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Such a shame how many injuries he had. I don't recall whether it was one injury which recurred, or if he had multiple, various injuries. I feel like he blew out both knees at different times, possibly the same one twice? Very disappointing, but he's having a great managerial career so far and long may it continue.
Both knees unfortunately.

stewart12

Jan 16, 2019
How many ex Worthing players at York
Harrison Male, Joe Felix, Ricky Aguiar, Marvin Armstrong and of course, Ollie Pearce

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel

Seem to recall him going down across by the North / East Stand at Withdean, just by the edge of the pitch, and think that was the last we saw of him?

stewart12

Jan 16, 2019
his peak was probably the 04-05 season where he played 38 games in the championship for us and also got called up to the England U-21 squad. I just remember him looking very comfortable at that level, but ruptured his ACL later that year I believe (possibly in the 05-06 season?). After that he struggled to really find consistent fitness with the most amount of league games he got under his belt being 14 in the 08-09 season where he also played 4 games for Lewes in the conference. He was out of contract at the end of that season and left for Aldershot in League Two

managerially he's certainly earned his stripes having started at Selsey, doing some youth coaching for the Albion, a spell at Hastings either side of his time at Worthing, where of course it clicked for him big time and earned him this move to York

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here