Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Adam Hinshelwood better than watto?

Normandy seagull

Jul 16, 2003
Orne 61 France
I've got to say that in the two pre-season games so far, Adam Hinshelwood has been quite impressive at right-back. He seems to be well focused and passes the ball neatly along the ground!! which makes a change from the usual hoof. Is he better than watto and should he be first choice right-back?

From what I saw of him at full-back last season I'm not convinced. Like Pethick, I think his best position is centre-half. Always an option though because, unlike Pethick, he doesn't look a complete donkey at right-back so maybe worth a go. Looks like the competition has made Watson buck his ideas up a bit though, he made a tackle at Arundel.

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
hahahahahahaha too late for the funniest thread award mate!

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Dunkstar said:
Never judge a player by his friendlies i always say:moo:

You are absolutely right. Many a pre-season I've got all excited about a player, particularly a forward, during the friendlies, and then been disappointed when up against the real teams.

Having said that, it certainly looks like Watto has some genuine competition.

Did anyone else think Wilkinson is looking bigger and stronger these days? Looked good to me.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Wilkinson impressed me at the start of last season especially at Burnley.
It all got lost in the run of defeats - I think at this level he's going to do well.

Hinsh looked ok on Saturday but not convinced he'd be any better than Watto.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Yorkie said:
Hinsh looked ok on Saturday but not convinced he'd be any better than Watto.

As far as Watto is concerned, I think it all comes down to whether he can rediscover his ability with dead balls.

Without that, he's a pretty average full back defensively. What he gives us (but not at all last season) is something a bit special going forward.

beast

Banned
Jul 16, 2003
Hove
Yorkie said:
[Hinsh looked ok on Saturday but not convinced he'd be any better than Watto. [/B]

Hinsh looked OK but he is a Centre half. The only other Right back who's quality at the club is Nicky Bridle. He has not played in front of Coppell all season and I bet he doesn't get one pre season game in front of Coppell this season.

Last edited:

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
Bridle was captain of the youths wasn't he. How old is he now?

Citrus

Seagulls over Toronto
Jul 11, 2003
Toronto
Watto really needs to get the free kicks going again. Jones is good at them, he came very close at Crawley. Luckinly he gave away a goal kick and the chants started again...:lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here