Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Adam El-Abd

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
I may be wrong, but didn't Poyet say when he first came here that signing up El Abd to a longer contract was a priority as he was the club's best defender......many of us scratched our heads when we heard this, but he's become an excellent defender under Poyet

There was a lot of brouhaha about El-Abd's contract being sewn up as other players had got to January/February with little or no inclination as to what was happening.

Nicky Forster publicly registered his displeasure, and look where that got him.

Just shows what people know; a few years back in a crap team in a lower division, people on here were saying he wasn't good enough.

I know :whistle:

*I* was telling everyone that he was a club player who bled stripey blood, noting how he stuck his head in where boots were flying and never shirked in a tough match when the opposing players were getting down and dirty.

Naturally this was against the howling monkeys maintaining that I had no clue and that he was shite. :rolleyes:

I see that some people think it was all down to Gus, and that he pulled Frankenstein's electric switch and lightning was harnessed into the el-Abd mind and body :lol:
Gus just recognized what he was.

I confess to some surprise that Whingy was let go so simply, but AeA is the business and GP knew it.

Last edited:

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I know :whistle:

*I* was telling everyone that he was a club player who bled stripey blood, noting how he stuck his head in where boots were flying and never shirked in a tough match when the opposing players were getting down and dirty.

Naturally this was against the howling monkeys maintaining that I had no clue and that he was shite. :rolleyes:

We got it, the 52nd time. You're amazing. Well done, you.

Thing, is though, you're doing nothing but state the blindingly obvious, and doing nothing to counter people's perfectly reasonable opinions.

Nobody ever doubted Adam's commitment, or claimed he shirked tackles, etc.

People questionned his ability on the ball, and his decision making, both of which WERE highly suspect, and HAVE improved beyond recognition. Massive credit to the coaching staff, and to Adam himself for putting the work in, to achieve that improvement.

To try to claim that he was always this good is pretty stupid - even he wouldn't claim that.

We got it, the 52nd time. You're amazing. Well done, you.

Thing, is though, you're doing nothing but state the blindingly obvious, and doing nothing to counter people's perfectly reasonable opinions.

Nobody ever doubted Adam's commitment, or claimed he shirked tackles, etc.

People questionned his ability on the ball, and his decision making, both of which WERE highly suspect, and HAVE improved beyond recognition. Massive credit to the coaching staff, and to Adam himself for putting the work in, to achieve that improvement.

To try to claim that he was always this good is pretty stupid - even he wouldn't claim that.

HE had my support and encouragement in person, and my assurance that he would captain the team at some point - which he did do.
(Edit; This is one I'm claiming, I crowed on against practically all of NSC, to whom it was apparently NOT 'obvious'. I was ungraciously informed that I didn't know what I was talking about, didn't know football players etc. I am not EVER going to let you or anyone else forget that :smug:)

Most on here were echoing the ridiculous (to me) opinion that he needed shipping off to the 2nd division! Mental!!
Just because I was the only person backing his side against an avalanche of whingers, I understand you don't like having to admit that I had the insight.
Eat SHITE hkfc, with ketchup. GREEN ketchup.

Last edited:

There was a lot of brouhaha about El-Abd's contract being sewn up as other players had got to January/February with little or no inclination as to what was happening.

Nicky Forster publicly registered his displeasure, and look where that got him.

NF didn't have enough respect, and he thought that - in a lower-division team and with his experience - he was the nazz.
I have a suspicion that was the part in his own downfall.

Lesson number one in management - don't challenge the gaffer, and certainly not in front of the other players either.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Question for the stattos amongst us: How many players have played in the first team for the same club in all four divisions?

I bet someone for Northampton did - they went from fourth to first in five seasons and went back to fourth again in, I think, another four seasons

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
I bet someone for Northampton did - they went from fourth to first in five seasons and went back to fourth again in, I think, another four seasons

Pretty sure Derek Leck RIP, who subsequentlly played for us, played in all 4 divisions for them.

Gullys Cats

Sausage by the sea!!!
Nov 27, 2010
NSC
9 years with the Albion, 250 appearances. It's an amazing record, given how much the club has changed over that period, that he should still be a regular member of the first team. Well done Adam!
How far do you think he can go? Will he be good enough for the Premiership?

He is a great player and a great servant to the club.

T soprano

Oct 27, 2011
Posh end of Shoreham
Adam el abd
Do do do do do
Adam el abd
Do do do do
Adam el abd
Do do do do do
Adam el abd
Do do do do
Do
Der do da der doo da da da da da da da
( to the tune of the muppets ma nam a na in case you never heard it ) every time he touched the ball Wednesday night in west upper h block )

Sloe Joe

Oct 7, 2010
AED
In simple terms, since his return, how many have we lost in the Champs.
He is Brighton, and apart from young Ash, is a Gus player, and long may it live.
A top guy and a top defender and he is BRIGHTON through and through.
What more can you ask. eh !

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
He used to be a liability with a bad back pass giving away a goal a game, but now he is good on the ball and an excellent defender. Him and GG look an excellent pairing. Well done to Adam and to Gus and others who helped him.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here