Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Adam El-Abd

Elder for England

Jan 30, 2008
I was thinking the same, but Micky does like playing his players in ridiculous positions to shoe horn in centre backs all over the place.

ONE player. What players in ridiculous positions are these? And El-Abd, but in my opinion I wouldn't want him in the team anyway. It's not exactly ridiculous positions for loads of players is it.

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
ONE player. What players in ridiculous positions are these? And El-Abd, but in my opinion I wouldn't want him in the team anyway. It's not exactly ridiculous positions for loads of players is it.

My comment was a generalisation. Yesterday was an execption, and I totally agree with you. I think that was the first time in ages we have played players in there right positions from the start

El Abd was out of position, but he started really well in midfield. He faded a bit there, but looked good in defence.

Normally we have centre backs upfront, in midfield and in defence, and none on the bench.

Hopefully Micky will see some sense and keep players in there positions.

2 strikers upfront, 2 centre midfielders in centre midfield, a right winger on the right wing, and a left winger on the left wing.

Jim D

Jul 23, 2003
Worthing
If Virgo's out then I would like to stick with El Abd and Elphick in central defence. The rest of the team will depend if Thornton and Murray are available. If they are I would have Johnson, Thornton and Murray for Cox, Virgo and Anyinsah from last nights starting team.

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
I think it would be a bit harsh to drop Livermore now. He was quality last night and deserves a place in the side on Saturday. For whats its worth i'd go with

Kuipers

Whing Virgo/El Abd Elphick Richards
Livermore
Anyinsah McLeod
Thornton Johnson
Forster

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
I've got an idea, lets move Johnson away from central midfield where he was quality in the last two league games and gave us the only attacking option from central midfield for YEARS and put him on the left of midfield. :thud: Some of you's are clueless.
And to move Thornton into the middle in his place. :shrug:

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
I didn't go last night, but there is no way Adam El Abd was "superb" in central midfield. I mean why change the habit of a lifetime?

He actually was superb for the first 20 minutes. Maybe because he has looked so lost in the past, this performance looked "superb"

He won tackles, he took on players and passed the ball to our players, something Ive not seen in him ever. He even managed to do a couple of drag backs and turns.

He only played one half, as Micky decided to make a substition 1 minute into the second half and play him at the back, where again he looked good.

Answer to our midfield problems, No. Good game in midfield yesterday, Yes.

Something was weird last night, as Tommy Elphick took the ball round their winger doing the ZIDANE double drag back, unlucky for him, the refs whistle blew just as he did it, so it didnt really count.

Left Footer

Sep 26, 2007
Shoreham
El Abd was poor in the first half , but as soon as he went back to centre half he had a blinder. Though i would have given Elphick man of the match as he was involved in a decent tussle with Corr.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
It takes a while to recover from a calf strain, so plaease dont play him half fit, it is an insult to the rest of the team.

Well according to Adams to takes about three DAYS to recover from a hernia op, otherwise why would he have persisted with Hawkins when he was (clearly) struggling.

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
Is it possible to have this thread deleted please? Obviously he lets praise go to his head, and starts thinks he's the dogs bollocks.

Total DISGRACE to shirt yesterday, a spectacular return to form.

:tosser:

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
We are a league one team with league one players. If a player performs to the best of their ability consistently, then they are sold and we have to replace them. That is how lower league football works.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here