Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Adam Chicksen signs [merged threads]

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
@OfficialBHAFC: BREAKING NEWS: #BHAFC have completed the signing of highly-rated 21-year-old left-back Adam Chicksen from MK Dons. http://t.co/SNLt8Ou9Oy

Not sure if anyone has pointed out that the announcement came mid afternoon on a Sunday. The last time the club made an announcement on a Sunday everyone decided the timing could only be hugely deliberate to spite Gus Poyet. So who's this aimed at? Marcos Painter? Wayne Bridge?

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
The most uninspiring signing since Chris Holroyd.

I'm starting to worry for next season. Need some marquee signings and need them quick

We lost 2 left backs this summer. Pretty certain this is the replacement for Painter.

Highly likely we'll sign another one I think to replace Wayne Bridge.

Last edited:

Brighton Mod

Its All Too Beautiful
Oh dear, I guess you've seen him play a few times then? He played against us when we had the end of season 0-0 draw at their place in 2009 or 2010, can't remember - anyway, Poyet's first season. I do remember him and Daniel Powell. Both young and good. This is potentially a very good signing for us.

Its better to be smart with what money we do have, than extravagant with what we don't have. Excluding the position, I think Wayne Bridge and his commitment last year was an exception and not the rule to players dropping down a division. We want committed, eager, talented and enthusiastic players on the way up. I put my trust in the club making these decisions, every player pulling on the stripes this year has an opportunity to make a name for himself and further his career and earning potential. Adam, I have never heard of you, but i'm sure your what we want, good luck and lets see you score some goals from left back! :clap2:

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
Not sure if anyone has pointed out that the announcement came mid afternoon on a Sunday. The last time the club made an announcement on a Sunday everyone decided the timing could only be hugely deliberate to spite Gus Poyet. So who's this aimed at? Marcos Painter? Wayne Bridge?

They wanted him for the Madrid trip I would imagine.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
Obviously acquired as a a back up to next weeks super signing.

Of course, because Oscar is going to sign someone from Spain, since he's Catalan himself.

Except everything we've heard so far suggests that Burke is in charge of recruitment from here on. I'm guessing this guy is the starting left back.

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
Its better to be smart with what money we do have, than extravagant with what we don't have. Excluding the position, I think Wayne Bridge and his commitment last year was an exception and not the rule to players dropping down a division. We want committed, eager, talented and enthusiastic players on the way up. I put my trust in the club making these decisions, every player pulling on the stripes this year has an opportunity to make a name for himself and further his career and earning potential. Adam, I have never heard of you, but i'm sure your what we want, good luck and lets see you score some goals from left back! :clap2:

Upson?

Bra

Feb 21, 2009
patcham
We lost 2 left backs this summer. Pretty certain this is the replacement for Painter.

Highly likely we'll sign another one I think to replace Wayne Bridge.

Think he will be starter and probably it for lb signings. Calderon can play there as can el-abd at a push plus the latvian and with ffp I dont think more money will go in defensive areas. Better spent in midfield.

theonesmith

Oct 27, 2008
Of course, because Oscar is going to sign someone from Spain, since he's Catalan himself.

Except everything we've heard so far suggests that Burke is in charge of recruitment from here on. I'm guessing this guy is the starting left back.

What about Tony Bloom in his interview saying that the manager will be consulted on transfers?

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Think he will be starter and probably it for lb signings. Calderon can play there as can el-abd at a push plus the latvian and with ffp I dont think more money will go in defensive areas. Better spent in midfield.

Well I don't know for sure, but as I say I would be surprised if another left back doesn't join.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
He is not very tall for a full back. The only bonus I can see is Lewington was actually quite a good full back to keep him out the MK Dons team. I hope the Latvian is good enough.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Well, I'm really pleased. I like the fact that he is young, pacey and versatile.

seagurn

Feb 19, 2007
County town
Sounds like a great coup by the club. i heard the foxes where after him too.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here