Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Adam and the Ants

Gordon the Gopher

Jul 16, 2003
Hove
Been making a bit of a comeback and playing the Scala at the end of the month. They are playing lots of their early stuff and quite a few of their original following going. Would love to go. Saw them in a small club in the early days. Quite scary. Anyone else see them before they sold out. Also was a big fan of Matthew Ashman. Great guitarist. Shame he was a smack head and died so young!

Adam Ant Live: Pirate Metal Extravaganza (R) at The Scala Friday 30 April 2010 | Ant Lib Ønline | Adam Events

humpy

Mar 13, 2006
worthing
went to that concert too , was massive fan and still have all singles and albums on vinyl

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Has Adam got his shit together as he went doodle alley ?. Prince Charming was excellent with a superb video and Ant Music was at the races as well.

The Modfather

Dec 13, 2009
Ibiza to the Norfolk Broads
2 good singles. Cartrouble & Kings of the wild frontier.

The rest utter shite.

Fannying about dressed as a prince or dandy highway man sums up how appalling the majority of the eighties was.

What next a thread in praise of the haircut by that bloke in A Flock of Seagulls?

northstandnorth

THE GOLDSTONE
Oct 13, 2003
A272 at 85 mph

The rest utter shite.

Fannying about dressed as a prince or dandy highway man sums up how appalling the majority of the eighties was.

What next a thread in praise of the haircut by that bloke in A Flock of Seagulls?

as the man says. the ants rocked before adam sold out and your two songs are just as commercial as Antmusic.
and as for the atmosphere at the early gigs-they made Rocky Sharpe And The Razors gigs feel like a day out at the aquarium.Without the excitement of the dolphins.

Last edited:

D

Deleted User X18H

Saw them at the Btn centre circa december 1981. Awesome

Was there, he jumped through a screen at the start and all the girlies including my sister who took me, screamed I was 12. I also recall him singing 'oh I do like to be beside the seaside'

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
That was my first concert...8 years old and loved every minute of it!

Me too. I was 10.

As it said on the album sleeve, "Ant Music for Sex People".

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
So this isn't really Adam and the Ants is it? Just him solo doing Adam and the Ants stuff? No Marco, Merrick nor Terry-Lee? And what's that on the link about him playing with The Glitter Band! Surely they'd have been better re-naming themselves rather than being called that - something like 'Gary's Ex-Band' would have been better.

:)

Agent_Torpor

May 1, 2009

The rest utter shite.

Not even close. The entire "Dirk Wears White Sox" album was a post-punk masterpiece. Don't be fooled by the MTV hype for his dandy highwayman phase. There are some serious chops on AatA. They paid their dues and apprenticed accordingly (esp. Marco Pirroni).

jevs

Mar 24, 2004
Preston Rock Garden
Not even close. The entire "Dirk Wears White Sox" album was a post-punk masterpiece. Don't be fooled by the MTV hype for his dandy highwayman phase. There are some serious chops on AatA. They paid their dues and apprenticed accordingly (esp. Marco Pirroni).

Totally agree...my favourite album. "Never trust a man with egg on his face" is pure class.

I enjoyed his "kings of the wild frontier" album because i'm a drummer and of course, his music was centred around the two drummers. They played a bloody good set on the old grey whistle test just as they were getting famous.

rcf0712

Out Here In The Perimeter
Feb 26, 2009
Perth, Western Australia
Totally agree...my favourite album. "Never trust a man with egg on his face" is pure class.

I enjoyed his "kings of the wild frontier" album because i'm a drummer and of course, his music was centred around the two drummers. They played a bloody good set on the old grey whistle test just as they were getting famous.
bang on sir - never saw them more's the pity but Dirk Wears White Sox remains a classic album to this day IMHO. It's why I can always remember what year JFK died, have never trusted a man with egg on his face and always keep a whip in my valise......

Trufflehound

Re-enfranchised
Aug 5, 2003
The democratic and free EU
absolutely, on a slight change of subject, tha bassist on that album (who's name escapes me) was also in another underrated band of that era, The Monochrome Set

andy warren

The Monochrome Set's guitarist Lester Square was also in the original Adam and the Ants.

He had the good sense to leave after one gig.

The Monochrome Set were a tremendous live band - He's Frank is still one of my all-time favourite songs.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here