Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Actually it was 6-1

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Beach Hut said:
First goal was at least 3 foot off side and the linsman was 10 foot behind the play as well :angry: :angry:

Yes, the linesman was behind the play, but I thought he was onside, were just so pitiful at the back and moved so slowly all day that it looked like he MUST have been offside, but I didn't think he was.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I thought it was an example where the away fans could have finally fulfilled an age-old cliche, as they could quite literally have SUCKED the ball into the goal. If it had occurred to them.

Has to go down as a missed opportunity, that.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

I believe in Joe Hendry
Oct 4, 2003
That was never over the line, I am sat almost level with that goal line and no way was it anywhere near to being fully over the line. I think the fact that the Stoke players really didnt appeal means its quite obvious.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Do you think the Stoke players were THAT bothered about a 6th then ? Even Sidibe decided to go for a spectacular volley instead of a straightforward header to make it 6 in the dying seconds, when he was left (predictably) completely unmarked at the far post.

I think they'd had their fill.

Last edited:

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

I believe in Joe Hendry
Oct 4, 2003
Easy 10 said:
Do you think the Stoke players were THAT bothered about a 6th then ? Even Sidibe decided to go for a spectacular volley instead of a straightforward header to make it 6 in the dying seconds, when he was left (predictably) completely unmarked at the far post.

I think they'd had their fill.

There pro footballers, whoever got the final touch would have been on a goal bonus so would have no doubt wanted that one to count.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here