Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

According to the daily mail!

bhafc_ross

Feb 21, 2009
Brighton
none of them scare me , QPR - no good , Leeds - if they stay down then why would he , and Huddersfield cant really see him going there when hes our main striker whos looking happy under poyet !

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Please not QPR, but northern teams could be a worry. Murray has said he is now happy down here so might fancy another season under Poyet to see if can get promoted with us

1066gull

As much as I love Glenn, if we can recoup what we paid him. (Like 500k profit) I will be really happy

I think we wont get a million because the buyer will compare the fee to Zamora and say Murray doesn't command as much as a fee as he did

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Id sacrifice murray for painter and lualua

It depends what they want to pay. Lambert cost a million, I would say that £750,000 would be the asking price and I doubt that they'll want to pay that much.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
Id sacrifice murray for painter and lualua

I'm not sure we are in the position where we have to sell before we can buy so hopefully we can have all three. The key from my point of view is that Murray is out of contract at the end of next season and would be able to leave for free. So, we offer him a long term deal this summer (3 years preferably) and if he signs, he stays. If not, we look to sell him and sign a replacement quickly as his value would have dropped significantly by January.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
As much as I love Glenn, if we can recoup what we paid him. (Like 500k profit) I will be really happy

I think we wont get a million because the buyer will compare the fee to Zamora and say Murray doesn't command as much as a fee as he did

The Zamora fee will have no relevance whatsoever as he is clearly a much better player and it was 7 years ago. What is relevant, as someone mentioned elsewhere, is that Lambert went for £1 million last year and how highly he is rated compared to players like him. Also, Southampton seem to have plenty of money whereas the likes of Leeds and Huddersfield may not have as much to spend.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
im sure they are, along with most other league 1 teams, hes a good player.

what i want to know is how does a paper know this? bit odd that three clubs should note their interest at the same time. is there a website or something where clubs can register their interest in a player? or prehaps the journalist sees one club make a comment then phones round others to see who else is interested. or, do they just make it up down the pub the afternoon before?

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
im sure they are, along with most other league 1 teams, hes a good player.

what i want to know is how does a paper know this? bit odd that three clubs should note their interest at the same time. is there a website or something where clubs can register their interest in a player? or prehaps the journalist sees one club make a comment then phones round others to see who else is interested. or, do they just make it up down the pub the afternoon before?

Its usually an agent touting their player. some true some not. The DM has one of the busiest newsdesks so as long as the agent is licensed they will go with it regardless of how true it is, all papers do that. Just treat it as that rather than trying to be clever which your not particularly good at.:facepalm:

beorhthelm

Jul 21, 2003
Just treat it as that rather than trying to be clever which your not particularly good at.:facepalm:

:down: im hurt now. couldnt you have just said they make it up?

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
:down: im hurt now. couldnt you have just said they make it up?

No they get in the shit for that like the black dude at CBS, they have to find liars, fantacists and people with Munchousens syndromes to report what someone actually says or something that happens, usually politicians cover all those bases.:down:

beorhthelm

Jul 21, 2003
No they get in the shit for that like the black dude at CBS, they have to find liars, fantacists and people with Munchousens syndromes to report what someone actually says or something that happens, usually politicians cover all those bases.:down:

so what you're saying is, if someone *else* makes it up its OK and they can repeat it without checking anything or even engaging their brain. thats genius.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here