Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

AC Milan Or Internazionale (Inter Milan)

The Milan Derby

• AC Milan

Votes: 4 21.1%
  • Internazionale

Votes: 15 78.9%

• Total voters

If the Real Madrid v Barcelona issue is to be debated in terms of the politics of yesteryear, at least we can argue this one with reference to today's politics.

Milan owe their position to the machinations of that lying crook, Silvio Berlusconi. Inter don't.

It's as simple as that.

The city, of course, is Milano. The football team is Milan. They were a cricket club when they started.

Correct me if I am wrong Lord B but weren't Milan originally called Milan FC and were changed to AC Milan under the orders of Benito Mussolini?

Correct me if I am wrong Lord B but weren't Milan originally called Milan FC and were changed to AC Milan under the orders of Benito Mussolini?
They've had four official names:-

1899-1919 Milan Cricket and Football Club
1919-1938 Milan Football Club
1938-1946 Associazione Calcio Milano
1946-now Associazione Calcio Milan

It was indeed the Fascist government that insisted on the 1938 change.

They've had four official names:-

1899-1919 Milan Cricket and Football Club
1919-1938 Milan Football Club
1938-1946 Associazione Calcio Milano
1946-now Associazione Calcio Milan

It was indeed the Fascist government that insisted on the 1938 change.

Bloody fascists!

Oi :rant:

I thought Lazio were fascists as well? Or is it Roma?

I was saying bloody fascists because the changed Milan's name from an Anglo version to an Italian version.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
None for me.Have no interest in overseas football,except when it comes to world cups etc.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab

Oi :rant:

I thought Lazio were fascists as well? Or is it Roma?
In 1927, the Fascist government tried to get the four major football teams in Rome (Roman, Alba-Audace, Fortitudoto and Lazio) to amalgamate into a single team (AS Roma). Lazio refused to fall into line.

I'm not sure what the neo-fascist supporters that they have today make of that. But they are probably just turned on by the official name, SS Lazio.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
In 1927, the Fascist government tried to get the four major football teams in Rome (Roman, Alba-Audace, Fortitudoto and Lazio) to amalgamate into a single team (AS Roma). Lazio refused to fall into line.

I'm not sure what the neo-fascist supporters that they have today make of that. But they are probably just turned on by the official name, SS Lazio.
I don't really know anything about the history of Lazio or Roma.I presume they are arch rivals as there seems to be alot of trouble between both sets of fans.I've never even been to Italy either.Would love too sample there culture.Naples has always appealed to me.Maybe one day.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here