Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

abusive language towards albion players

Jan 30, 2008
sitting 2 rows above me in the north stand today,were 2 blokes who during the whole game were calling albion players c.... mostly amied at barnes and sparrow for some reason thay must of said the word c.... 50 times young children were around him im no prude but this was a disgrace.i imformed a steward who didnt seem to do much about it.
good on the steward, you need to man up fella :wrong:

marshy68

Jul 10, 2011
Brighton
sitting 2 rows above me in the north stand today,were 2 blokes who during the whole game were calling albion players c.... mostly amied at barnes and sparrow for some reason thay must of said the word c.... 50 times young children were around him im no prude but this was a disgrace.i imformed a steward who didnt seem to do much about it.

you are in the north stand its a football match you are going to be exposed to bad language swearing at football whatever next?

marshy68

Jul 10, 2011
Brighton
A guy in the north stand a few rows behind me went ballistic when CMS got subbed and booed the decision. As much as I love CMS, it isn't working for him at the moment and Gus has every right to sub him for Vicente.

think you might be in the wrong thread.... there are plenty on CMS....

patcham lad

Nov 27, 2009
i supported albion in the late 50's & 60's at goalstone rd in the chicken-run & north stand - i often went with my future wife - can't remember swearing on the skale of the present day though.

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
Was there a game today? I must have missed that.

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
and become a snitch!

This is where decent stewarding can play a part. If the steward has a word in the right way then these guys will get the message that it's not acceptable (which frankly it isn't). The trouble with a formal reporting is that there is evidence this season that the club will over-react, ban the guys etc.

I had a problem at Withdean with the guy behind me frequently using the C word (and I had my 2 kids with me). I challenged him about it and he did moderate things.

PG

Nov 10, 2011
For me, the issue isn't the swearing in front of the kids, as someone has pointed out, sit in the East if you want less colourful language. The issue for me is why the need to call one of your own players a c**t that many times, or even at all? I've never got the whole abusing your own team thing, never got it at all.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here