Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

abusive language towards albion players

skintmanblues

Feb 7, 2004
Orsham
sitting 2 rows above me in the north stand today,were 2 blokes who during the whole game were calling albion players c.... mostly amied at barnes and sparrow for some reason thay must of said the word c.... 50 times young children were around him im no prude but this was a disgrace.i imformed a steward who didnt seem to do much about it.

British Grenadier

I hate P*rtsm**th
Jan 15, 2012
Hanover
Some people just shouldn't be let out, a cretin behind me spent the 2nd half of yesterday's game abusing Schmeichel, however he couldn't even pronounce his name properly, persistently calling him "Sch Michael" :facepalm:

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
Some people just shouldn't be let out, a cretin behind me spent the 2nd half of yesterday's game abusing Schmeichel, however he couldn't even pronounce his name properly, persistently calling him "Sch Michael" :facepalm:

Someone's been watching too much corrie:nono:

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
These threads are becoming as boring as the catering ones. It's an all seater stadium, not everyone around you is going to have the same views as you. If you don't like swearing then I suggest you can and sit in the family stand, although the one time I've sat over there it's been just as bad as anywhere else I've sat in the ground LIKE YOU WOULD EXPECT AT ANY FOOTBALL GROUND IN THE COUNTRY!!

seagullondon

Mar 15, 2011

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak
I don't condone the swearing. However there are two things here...firstly its shameful that supporters feel the need to swear at their own players but we've all done it at one point or another.

Secondly, the club made it clear in their presentations that they would expect the north stand to have
more colourful language and that if you wanted to take children that the North would not be advisable but the east Family Stand would be best.

The comment Rev has made does has its point- if you dont want your kids to hear swearing or abusive language then you should really not be buying tickets for the North stand.

Sent from my iPhone using a goat

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Depends on the level of swearing. Coming out with "f***ing hell paynter" as he fails to control a simple ball against cov away and it goes out for a throw or "f*** sake navarro pass forwards" isnt really abuse.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
ssshhhhh

wehatepalace

Limbs
NSC Patron
Apr 27, 2004
Pease Pottage
Don't bring your kids into the north stand, the family stand is where you should be if you don't want them to hear swearing. This was made very clear at the presentation.
That said, abusing your own team is a bit shit.

middletoenail

Jul 2, 2008
Hong Kong
I'm partial to a bit of swearing at the footy (especially when I have had few beers!) but I have never used the C word, for me that's beyond the remit of acceptable.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Here's a thought, if you are unhappy about the behaviour of other fans then report them to the club giving their seat numbers.

ants4t

Jun 17, 2011
A guy in the north stand a few rows behind me went ballistic when CMS got subbed and booed the decision. As much as I love CMS, it isn't working for him at the moment and Gus has every right to sub him for Vicente.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here