Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Absolutely Disgraceful. Can it be true, that the 2011 FA Cup Final..

D

Deleted User X18H

..is on May 14th the very SAME day as a full schedule of Premier League fixtures.

Absolute sacrilege. :rant::rant::rant:

ROKERITE

Dec 30, 2007
It's like the old days. I've a tatty copy of The Football Echo from the Saturday in 1937 when we won The F.A. Cup, and there was a full programme from all four divisions that day. I wouldn't be in favour of it now.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
The FA Cup is not the big event it used to be, not sure whether that was down to playing finals at the Millennium or just the fact that the Premier League now dominates our domestic football completely.

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
who gives a f*** when its played as long as we make it :thumbsup:

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
It's like the old days. I've a tatty copy of The Football Echo from the Saturday in 1937 when we won The F.A. Cup, and there was a full programme from all four divisions that day. I wouldn't be in favour of it now.

There can't have been a FULL programme if the Cup Final was on the same day.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
There can't have been a FULL programme if the Cup Final was on the same day.

You know what he means, actually as there was no TV coverage in those days it's not too surprising.

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
Oh no, what a disappointment. It might mean the whole competition becomes less of a priority and the Premier League teams will put out reserve teams. Oh......

It's more of a disgrace the Play Offs wont be at Wembley, but the FA Cup semi finals will

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
The FA Cup is not the big event it used to be,

so some say, but it certainly wont help it if this is how they treat it. moving the Cup final styled as the best in the world to make way for the euro cup, which is a week later anyway is a very poor move by the FA.

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
You know what he means, actually as there was no TV coverage in those days it's not too surprising.

I certainly did. I just wanted to get it in before the other pedants did.

Scandelous decision anyway.

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
Oh no, what a disappointment. It might mean the whole competition becomes less of a priority and the Premier League teams will put out reserve teams. Oh......

It's more of a disgrace the Play Offs wont be at Wembley, but the FA Cup semi finals will

:thumbsup: Spot on.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
I do believe we have discussed this before.

Well, lets discuss it again then!, it is the silly season after all, these blogs
should disappear once the real action gets underway on Sat week.

But yeah absolute sacrilege is precisely what it is. Just shows how far down the pecking order the FA Cup now is, especially for the major Premier League clubs.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Just shows how far down the pecking order the FA Cup now is, especially for the major Premier League clubs.

It's probably immediately below the World Cup based on our recent efforts in South Africa.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here