Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Absolute rubbish today

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
NSC Patron
Jan 7, 2006
Was the referee worse than the shower of shit at Blackburn?
Wasn't at Ewood Park but even the sit down quietly brigade down the front were giving him grief at the end so that says something

bhawoddy

Jan 25, 2011
So your a big club if you have a big ground now ? If we were top of the league now, we'd be selling the Amex out each game so that doesnt mean anything either.

We have a higher average attendance than then and were higher in the league than them - at present were the bigger club.

That would make our old sunday side on a par with Man utd......... you can fit thousands into Waterhall, and you dont need to pay or sit, stand where you like..........

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
That would make our old sunday side on a par with Man utd......... you can fit thousands into Waterhall, and you dont need to pay or sit, stand where you like..........

Almost basically means that if we have a 100k seater ground we would be the biggest club in the UK, possibly Europe. Its not about history, its about now. They are a struggling club in the Championship who are close to the relegation places, we are pushing for promotion. At the very least at present we are fairly equal.

Playing in the top league doesnt make you a giant club either, Palace played in the PL and they certainly arent a big club. But anyway lets leave it there as we (those saying Wednesday are a big club) will never agree.

screamadelica

Jan 28, 2013
The ref was a bit fat and was poor, but for both sides. Our players have become a bunch of fannies who dive too much, feign injury too much and moan too much when decisions don't go their way. It doesn't help get the ref on your side.

This

pork pie

Dec 27, 2008
Pork pie land.
Sorry mate there is no way we are bigger. They had a bigger average than us last season in the league below. There is no doubt they would have a higher gate if they were higher in the league.

No they are not spending much, but are we spending within our means? Why do they attract players we want (Boothroyd, Mattock).

We cannot sue atendences and league placings as definers of club size.

Reading are above Villa, does that mean they are a bigger club than Villa?

Norwich are above Villa, does that mean they are bigger than Villa?

If we lose the next 3, and Wednesday win the next 3, does that mean they become a bigger club?

Sheffield United have similar average gate to QPR, but does not mean a thing.

I'm not having a dig mate and you are entitled to your opinion, but lets keep things in perspective.

What the f*** are you on? They come from a scum City, where they walk to the ground and pay a few quid to get in. We have been bigger than them for years. Were they bigger in '83?

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
How did Upson do [MENTION=4313]RM-Taylor[/MENTION] , didn't really hear much about him on the radio. Did CMS and Ulloa look like a good combination for the 15 minutes they were on the pitch together?

junior

Dec 1, 2003
Didsbury, Manchester
How did Upson do [MENTION=4313]RM-Taylor[/MENTION] , didn't really hear much about him on the radio. Did CMS and Ulloa look like a good combination for the 15 minutes they were on the pitch together?

They looked good together when on the pitch. I THINK Upson was at fault for the first goal, which was unlucky as he'll take a bit of a bashing on here for it. He did look quite assured in general and i think once settled in will be a good signing and first choice centre back.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
They looked good together when on the pitch. I THINK Upson was at fault for the first goal, which was unlucky as he'll take a bit of a bashing on here for it. He did look quite assured in general and i think once settled in will be a good signing and first choice centre back.
Thanks for that.

Barnes will be out for three games now, I hope Gus tries the Ulloa/CMS combination. The assumption has always been that CMS needs to play off a centre forward, so it seems the obvious thing to try it. CMS sounded sharp when he came on.

Upson will improve for games. Today might not have been a total right off after all!!!

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
NSC Patron
Jan 7, 2006
How did Upson do @RM-Taylor , didn't really hear much about him on the radio. Did CMS and Ulloa look like a good combination for the 15 minutes they were on the pitch together?
Hard to say how he'll fit in after just one appearance but I think today you could tell that he hasn't played first team football for a while, not really at fault for goal but not great either. When CMS came on Ulloa played more of a playmaker role, put a few good balls through to CMS. Hopefully they can both start next saturday

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Hard to say how he'll fit in after just one appearance but I think today you could tell that he hasn't played first team football for a while, not really at fault for goal but not great either. When CMS came on Ulloa played more of a playmaker role, put a few good balls through to CMS. Hopefully they can both start next saturday

CMS was dreadful, continuously gave the ball away

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here