Above row Z at Falmer

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick

Collar Feeler

No longer feeling collars
Jul 26, 2003
Thread starter, are you seriously worried about what would happen if a football landed on the railway line? The answer is precisely nothing, a train weighing a few dozen tons is not going to be remotely affected by a small leather football languishing on the track. People stand in front of trains to commit suicide, the train just carries on going, christ I was on a train once that hit a cow, didn't so much as feel a bump but f*** me it was messy. Trains even hit cars without managing to derail so quit blathering on about a poxy football landing on the line.

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
Trains are fitted with cow catchers to deal with stray bovines. No such measures are in place to protect against footballs inflated to high pressure, the consequences are too horrific to contemplate. :nono:

KneeOn

Jun 4, 2009
IF (and i'm not saying it is and i'm not saying its not) a ball lands on the line, the rails are raised, and the train has a bit of clearance so it'll sit there quite happily. If by amazing astronomical odds the ball lands, and sits perfectly on a rail, when a train approaches the rails vibrations from the train THUNDERING along will move it to the side where it'll sit for the rest of our lives, or on to the track where it'll rest and be chilled.

Sep 1, 2010
Thread starter, are you seriously worried about what would happen if a football landed on the railway line? The answer is precisely nothing, a train weighing a few dozen tons is not going to be remotely affected by a small leather football languishing on the track. People stand in front of trains to commit suicide, the train just carries on going, christ I was on a train once that hit a cow, didn't so much as feel a bump but f*** me it was messy. Trains even hit cars without managing to derail so quit blathering on about a poxy football landing on the line.

No I am not worried, I am just wondering if a plan was on place that was all. I am free to ask, christ calm down have a cup of tea and arrest a few ppl, blimey.

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean
Probbaly more chance of someone dropping a football when crossing the footbridge

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Can't see anyone clearing any of the roofs... until maybe the Palace donkeys turn up

GYM

Jan 4, 2010
Leeds
Probably more chance of it happening at Crewe.

images

Fungus

NSC Patron
May 21, 2004
Truro
The ball must have bounced across the Old Shoreham Road a few times in the Goldstone days, but the biggest problem was waiting for someone to retrieve it. Too many lost balls and the game might be abandoned. Not such a problem these days.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here