• Yes please.

Votes: 1 1.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

REDLAND

Jul 7, 2003
At the foot of the downs
caz99 said:
I think someone woman's input is needed. THe comments you have made reflect that fact you must be a twat.

Abortion is not just about selfishness. Its done for all sorts of reasons. Have you been raped? have you had to deal with that? then find out you could have a child of that rape? what would you tell your child - your daddy is a rapist? how would that child react?

what about if a child is severely disabled - some people just cannot cope with the fact that their child is ill/may not live long/disadvantaged for their short life (if you can call some of lives these children who are disabled have)

some women do not want to give up their children for adoption. at the early stages of pregnancy it is a collection of cells. however their should be a more realistic option on late abortions.

a close friend of mine had an abortion and it was the worst thing they have ever done. until you have been there you have not got any clue.

plus what right as a man do you have to tell me i am a murderer?

Well said that Caz :clap:

JONC are you a vegetarian ?

JonC

Oct 18, 2004
fatbadger said:
JonC - a foetus is only a potential life, that is why it is illegal to terminate a pregnancy after the point at which medical science has shown the foetus may be considered to have gone beyond 'potential life'.

How do you feel about contraception? Or the morning-after pill? Both prevent potential life coming to fruition, just like the termination of a pregnancy. Are you opposed to them, as well? If not, what's the distinction you draw between them?

I disagree. I think a baby is a life from the moment it is formed (ie day one).

I'm also against the morning after pill, but won't go into that now because it's a weak, idealistic argument from me.

I'm for contraception.

magoo

Jul 8, 2003
United Kingdom
I'm pro-choice.

The foetus doesn't know it exists therefore can't be considered as a 'life' as such. However, i'm more for prevention rather than reaction. It's just a matter of education from both schools and parents.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Sperm are alive aren't they?

REDLAND

Jul 7, 2003
At the foot of the downs

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
when do you define "life"? The morning after pill is basically a chemical abortion of the earliest stage, so is that to be banned too?

Last edited:

Trotster

Jul 9, 2003
Threshers
Cant believe in this day and age people like you JonC still spout this bullshit.

Every person has a right to decide what is right for them at that moment in time - its not an easy decision to have to make and wankers like you make things twice as bad.

A collection of cells can hardly be called a child - it is a collection of cells, can it survive outside the mother? NO, therefore how can it be classed as a life form? It cant.

Are you the sort of person that also thinks that everytime a woman has a period she is killing her potential children?

Grow up and come back when your better informed about life in general.

(Bet you by your shoes from the veggie shoe shop as well)

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
JonC said:
No.

A bit like skin cells aren't alive. When the sperm and egg fertilise - that is when life forms.

How do they find the egg then?

JonC

Oct 18, 2004
Trotster said:
Cant believe in this day and age people like you JonC still spout this bullshit.

Every person has a right to decide what is right for them at that moment in time - its not an easy decision to have to make and wankers like you make things twice as bad.

A collection of cells can hardly be called a child - it is a collection of cells, can it survive outside the mother? NO, therefore how can it be classed as a life form? It cant.

Are you the sort of person that also thinks that everytime a woman has a period she is killing her potential children?

Grow up and come back when your better informed about life in general.

(Bet you by your shoes from the veggie shoe shop as well)

A collection of cells?!

Astronaut15Enlarge.jpg

There it is at TWELVE WEEKS. Abortion is legal until 24 weeks. That's not a bunch of cells. That's a life.

And the point about a period.

1) It's not fertilised - so it's not a life as I've already said. In much the same way as skin cells aren't a life.

2) Another point is that abortion is purposeful. A period (or miscarriage as you'll probably bring up later) is accidental.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
You can't beat a good organism first thing in the moning can you.:p

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
JonC said:
How many abortions are due to rape?

How many are due to the fact it's the 'wrong time' to have a baby?

I think the latter outweights the former.
How can you possibly KNOW that? And even if it was true, you'd rather remove the right from raped women because it was the minority of occasions ??? That's like bringing back hanging because afterall the police get it right most of the time.

And anyway, what about teenage pregancies? Do we want a nation of teenage mums unable to support themselves financially? Or the other reasons that women choose to put themselves through this ordeal...

JonC

Oct 18, 2004
Jesus.

Just look at the picture and then imagine it twice as developed. It is a life and, quite simply, you're killing a life.

It's a slippery road. Soon we'll be killing disabled kids because they 'can't look after themselves'.

Starry

Captain Of The Crew
Oct 10, 2004
I am passionately pro-life.

Though I think if the baby has a severe, life threatening abnormality, then perhaps a termination should be considered. Aborting a baby because s/he has a cleft palette is wrong.

JonC

Oct 18, 2004
Simster said:
How can you possibly KNOW that? And even if it was true, you'd rather remove the right from raped women because it was the minority of occasions ??? That's like bringing back hanging because afterall the police get it right most of the time.

And anyway, what about teenage pregancies? Do we want a nation of teenage mums unable to support themselves financially? Or the other reasons that women choose to put themselves through this ordeal...

As I said; adoption.

I can do the same thing, y'know. You'd rather kill the lives of millions every year because it's only right for the minority of raped women? That's like bringing back hanging because a couple of people deserve to die.

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
It is a very complicated issue, and it is probably about right now. let them tinker around the edges with it, but one thing is for sure, if abortions are made illegal - they would still happen. So be against them by all means, but you won't stop them.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here