Votes: 2 3.6%
  • Yes please.

Votes: 1 1.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
Apparently this is back on the political radar, the god squad have been on about it. Whats your veiw?

fao simster
Would you like a link to a definition of Abortion?

www.cpfc.com

REDLAND

Jul 7, 2003
At the foot of the downs
It needs to stay, people should have the choice over what happens in their own lifes..

Bloody Christians

JonC

Oct 18, 2004
I'm a staunch left winger, and have no affiliation with any religion. But I disagree with it.

Who the f*** are we to kill a young child's life because her mum (in some cases) can't be arsed to look after it, cancel a holiday etc? People say capital punishment is wrong - so why is abortion right? It's because it's the 'right' opinion to have if you're a leftie. A life is life - whether it be 50 years old, or 50 weeks old.

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
Pro-choice.

REDLAND

Jul 7, 2003
At the foot of the downs
JonC said:
I'm a staunch left winger, and have no affiliation with any religion. But I disagree with it.

Who the f*** are we to kill a young child's life because her mum (in some cases) can't be arsed to look after it, cancel a holiday etc? People say capital punishment is wrong - so why is abortion right? It's because it's the 'right' opinion to have if you're a leftie. A life is life - whether it be 50 years old, or 50 weeks old.

And for Rape ?

aftershavedave

Jul 9, 2003
as 10cc say, not in hove
in the early stages of pregnancy it should be the choice of the individual, and nobody else.

however, if you haven't made your mind up by 20 weeks then i'd only support abortion at that stage on medical grounds.

fellow staunch left winger too.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Pro Choice, it's a woman's choice to do with her body what she wants. No man has the right to challenge that.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
bhaexpress said:
Pro Choice, it's a woman's choice to do with her body what she wants. No man has the right to challenge that.

Spot on!

Tom Bombadil

Jul 14, 2003
Jibrovia
JonC said:

i detest this sort of crass distortion of the facts. To suggest that women undergo abortions through laziness is an insult to all those who make the difficult decision to have a termination.

I know two women who have had abortions and neither did so for selfish reasons. In both cases the decision was made after they had agonised over the choice's they were making and the implications that choice would have on their partners, their families and the potential child they were carrying.

JonC

Oct 18, 2004
REDLAND said:
And for Rape ?

What's the child done wrong? Why not have a Caesarian and give the baby up for abortion? Why can't a good thing (love for your child) come out of something evil - rape?

Let's say your mum decided she didn't want to cancel a holiday so had you aborted? Would it be fair to deny that child (you) the right to life?

You can say what you want about it being the woman's body - but it's the child's life. He has a right to life, not to be killed in an operating theatre.

What next? Kill some 2 year old kid 'cos he's got Down Syndrome?

JonC

Oct 18, 2004
Voroshilov said:
i detest this sort of crass distortion of the facts. To suggest that women undergo abortions through laziness is an insult to all those who make the difficult decision to have a termination.

I know two women who have had abortions and neither did so for selfish reasons. In both cases the decision was made after they had agonised over the choice's they were making and the implications that choice would have on their partners, their families and the potential child they were carrying.

Arrr.

I feel for them. Imagine how they must feel. Pity it wasn't them that was killed because their parents couldn't be arsed giving birth.

You ever heard of adoption? There are thousands of families out there who want kids but can't have them.

JonC

Oct 18, 2004
Hypothetical question:

Is it Ok to kill some 2 year old kid 'cos he's got Down Syndrome? What's the difference between that and a kid inside someone's stomach.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
JonC said:
What's the child done wrong? Why not have a Caesarian and give the baby up for abortion? Why can't a good thing (love for your child) come out of something evil - rape?

Let's say your mum decided she didn't want to cancel a holiday so had you aborted? Would it be fair to deny that child (you) the right to life?

You can say what you want about it being the woman's body - but it's the child's life. He has a right to life, not to be killed in an operating theatre.

What next? Kill some 2 year old kid 'cos he's got Down Syndrome?

And of course you having a woman's perspective know all about it.

Hampden Park

Ex R.N.
Oct 7, 2003
whoa JonC. it is the womans choice and her choice alone. only she can decide what to do with her body, not you, not me, not anyone. at the end of the day if she feels that she cannot keep her unborn feotus (sp?) then it is her choice to terminate or not.

a child is in fact in the womb and not the stomach.

vladipisstake i actually agree with your statement :nono: :jester:

caz99

Jun 2, 2004
Sompting
JonC said:
Arrr.

I feel for them. Imagine how they must feel. Pity it wasn't them that was killed because their parents couldn't be arsed giving birth.

You ever heard of adoption? There are thousands of families out there who want kids but can't have them.

I think someone woman's input is needed. THe comments you have made reflect that fact you must be a twat.

Abortion is not just about selfishness. Its done for all sorts of reasons. Have you been raped? have you had to deal with that? then find out you could have a child of that rape? what would you tell your child - your daddy is a rapist? how would that child react?

what about if a child is severely disabled - some people just cannot cope with the fact that their child is ill/may not live long/disadvantaged for their short life (if you can call some of lives these children who are disabled have)

some women do not want to give up their children for adoption. at the early stages of pregnancy it is a collection of cells. however their should be a more realistic option on late abortions.

a close friend of mine had an abortion and it was the worst thing they have ever done. until you have been there you have not got any clue.

plus what right as a man do you have to tell me i am a murderer?

Tom Bombadil

Jul 14, 2003
Jibrovia
MYOB said:
pro rather than anti-choice (I refuse to call it pro-life)

Although it is allowed waaaay too late in the UK these days

And that actually is the area of debate Michael Howard was trying to reopen. I think it was a little naive of him not to think that the anti-abortion brigade wouldn't jump into the debate ala Cardinal Cormack Murphy-O'Conner.

I support abortion, but I do think there should be debate over whether we have the time limit right.

JonC

Oct 18, 2004
caz99 said:
I think someone woman's input is needed. THe comments you have made reflect that fact you must be a twat.

Abortion is not just about selfishness. Its done for all sorts of reasons. Have you been raped? have you had to deal with that? then find out you could have a child of that rape? what would you tell your child - your daddy is a rapist? how would that child react?

what about if a child is severely disabled - some people just cannot cope with the fact that their child is ill/may not live long/disadvantaged for their short life (if you can call some of lives these children who are disabled have)

some women do not want to give up their children for adoption. at the early stages of pregnancy it is a collection of cells. however their should be a more realistic option on late abortions.

a close friend of mine had an abortion and it was the worst thing they have ever done. until you have been there you have not got any clue.

plus what right as a man do you have to tell me i am a murderer?

How many abortions are due to rape?

How many are due to the fact it's the 'wrong time' to have a baby?

I think the latter outweights the former.

JonC - a foetus is only a potential life, that is why it is illegal to terminate a pregnancy after the point at which medical science has shown the foetus may be considered to have gone beyond 'potential life'.

How do you feel about contraception? Or the morning-after pill? Both prevent potential life coming to fruition, just like the termination of a pregnancy. Are you opposed to them, as well? If not, what's the distinction you draw between them?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here