Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ablion given 2m

kano

Jun 17, 2011
Wouldn't shock me if this wasn't a surprise and TB etc have budgeted it into the cost of the amex already. If not your welcome to trouser the lot as far as im concerned tony! :D

The Bear

Dec 21, 2010
I've done quite a bit of work in Gary Hoffman's house. He used to be vice chairman at Cov I think and is now heading a consortium trying to buy the club back. Really decent and down to earth guy. He is the main reason for getting Northern Rock back on the straight and narrow.

Could do with a bit more work out of him in the New Year tbh!

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
Is this money to be spent on The Amex or is it to develope the training ground at Lancing?

nomoremithras4me

Apr 7, 2011
This. And Vicente some new thighs, and chuck in a couple of new knees for Jara-Reyes.

Going to end up with Robocop time we've finished :)

Mutts Nuts

Oct 30, 2011
Last edited:

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
Happy with that but shouldn't the money have gone to a club that are still trying to afford ground improvements? We've already paid for ours via a wealthy backer haven't we? Not really in the spirit of the funding but I'm not complaining.

oxymoron

NSC Patron
Feb 25, 2011
Could pay for ripping out the embarrassing prawn sandwich stand & air port style cafes,and installing about 9,000 seats for football fans that want to watch the game and add to the atmosphere.This will happen eventualy anyway once the novelty of the new stadium wears off the suits will stop coming.

Bet you stand out in the crowd with that Fxxcking great chip on your shoulder.

Jul 20, 2003
This is like rolling up a block of winter fuel allowances and giving the sum total to a pensioner with a well insulated home, efficient boiler and comfortable income.

Very strange (and the cheque thing at half time sounds really f***ing crass)

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
I am happy for us to take it.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Slightly misplaced especially at the moment.

I'll avoid that at half time.

Last edited:

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
This is like rolling up a block of winter fuel allowances and giving the sum total to a pensioner with a well insulated home, efficient boiler and comfortable income.

Very strange (and the cheque thing at half time sounds really f***ing crass)

Stringfellow and he repaid his.

pottert

Aug 12, 2009
Peacehaven
I can't believe what I'm reading are we now so arrogant that money is no longer important.
I think that the sizeable sum of money given to the club represents how big the investment in the Amex is seen
by the football authorities & not just Albion fans.

I believe that this money has been budgeted for & am not sure presenting the cheque in front of the crowd is necessary especially against Coventry who don't have a pot to piss in

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
I can't believe what I'm reading are we now so arrogant that money is no longer important.
I think that the sizeable sum of money given to the club represents how big the investment in the Amex is seen
by the football authorities & not just Albion fans.

I believe that this money has been budgeted for & am not sure presenting the cheque in front of the crowd is necessary especially against Coventry who don't have a pot to piss in

I'm sure it's been budgeted but to present it now seems a bit wrong. The economy is in dire straights, people are losing their jobs and your points about Coventry are true.

The report of the cheque finally arriving is enough.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here