Aberdeen Friendly Confirmed

Cullip4

Oct 4, 2003
Brighton
31st July -club text

sam86

Feb 18, 2009
Qualla.

How much will it cost? Where can I sit? Do I need to be a member of the blue, white, gold, copper membership? How do I get there? Will the club be putting on coach travel? Will I receive free train/bus travel with my match ticket? Will there be park and ride? Who will win? Etc.

Cullip4

Oct 4, 2003
Brighton
Home kick off 3pm - I wonder if McGhee will fit in a tour of Falmer before he leaves

Last edited:

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
Final friendly, against half decent Scottish opposition, £10 a head.

Should get 5k at least.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
ASC in Brighton, ooooerrr, lock up your daughters!

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
Boo, had hoped that was going to be an away game.

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
Yay!

ps Does anybody know what the weather's gonna be like on that day - only I'll leave me waterproofs at home if it's decent?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Bye bye the embarassing absolute shite friendlies (90% of the time) of the last 10 years

chinners

Aug 27, 2009
Brighton
finally a decent priced match at withdean

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
ooh promotional pints of whisky at the turnstiles I would hope

Horsham Gull

H Block Offender
Dec 4, 2006
Horsham
McGhee Set for Withdean Return

Former manager Mark McGhee will bring his Aberdeen side to Withdean for Albion's final pre-season game of the summer.

The Seagulls will host the Scottish Premier League side on Saturday 31st July, kick-off 3pm.

Albion enjoyed an exciting period with McGhee at the helm; the Scotsman led the club to promotion via the League One playoffs in 2004, before plotting survival in the Championship in the following season.

However he couldn't repeat the feat a second time and Albion were relegated back to League One at the end of the 2005/06 campaign. McGhee's last game at Withdean was a 4-1 defeat to Crewe in August 2006, and a week later he parted company with the club following a 1-0 defeat at Bristol City.

McGhee then returned to Scotland where he spent two years at Motherwell, before taking charge at former club Aberdeen last summer.

Admission will be £10 for adults and £5 for concessions. Full ticket details will follow on seagulls.co.uk in due course.

Click here for details of Albion's other pre-season fixtures

Brighton and Hove Albion | News | Latest News | Latest News | McGhee Set for Withdean Return

withdeanwombat

Feb 17, 2005
Somersetshire
The Manager returns ! The weather will be overcast but warm. A crowd of 5309 will see an entertaining 2 - 2 draw. Mr Poyet and Mr McGhee will play the final five minutes and exchange shirts in the time honoured way. Any Aberdeen supporters will take a dip on Hove beach (ugh) in place of their annual bath.

luke17

Oct 9, 2003
Shame this wasnt away a couple of nights in Scotland would of been fun.

Its not exactly the glamour friendly we was all expecting Aberdeen did only finish 9th in the league last season

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
can they bring down the Scottish Division Two Play-Off Champions aswell for a kick around?

:bowdown: COWDENBEATH :bowdown:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here