Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Abba - They're f***ing Great Aren't They ?

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Good for you.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
f***ing hell Gareth, you are actually ARE Alan Partridge, aren't you?!

nose-aha.jpg

"Knowing me, Gareth Glover, knowing you NSC! A-HAAA!"

:thumbsup:

I just say what everyone else thinks but is too scared to speak out and be ridiculed by the NSC clique.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
:thumbsup:

I just say what everyone else thinks but is too scared to speak out and be ridiculed by the NSC clique.
Or you could just accept that not everyone on NSC likes lowest common denominator tat, ALL THE TIME.

Abba for me, yeah they're OK for certain types of parties. 50th birthdays, that sort of thing. Hardly "f***ing great" though.

Last edited:

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
We'll have to disagree their repatoire of brilliant songs cannot be rivalled. And to call them " the lowest denominator tat " just shows how out of touch and blinkered you are. Popular is sometimes good.

Anyway keep your cool and don't let your guard down people on NSC might thing less of you.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
They say confession is good for the soul:
My name is Lee and I quite like camping it up to Abba. I have several of their albums.

I'm sorry. Very sorry.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Binfest brewing up here I feel. :yawn: All the right ingredients Wozza, Simster, The Large One just mssing Das Reich, damn he's banned. Usual suspects , same old, same old.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Ah Buzzer I forgot about him, it really is game on. Anyway play amoungst yourselves I am off for a pint.

:bigwave:

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
We'll have to disagree their repatoire of brilliant songs cannot be rivalled. And to call them " the lowest denominator tat " just shows how out of touch and blinkered you are. Popular is sometimes good.

Anyway keep your cool and don't let your guard down people on NSC might thing less of you.
You misunderstand. *You* only ever like popularist stuff, some of which is OK, but most of which is utter gash. Of course, whenever anyone suggests such a thing you like to go on one of your stupid flounces, but we've learnt to live with those.

And I gave my opinion of Abba, you only need to read it.

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
“I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again – no more f***ing ABBA” – Terence Stamp as Bernadette in “The adventures of Priscilla , queen of the desert” (7.2)

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
It was YEARS before I found out that ABBA stands for

Agnetha
Benny
Bjorn
Anna-Frid

I was 27 when I discovered that. What a day.

What. a. day.

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
I love Abba, I always have. I don't actually even think their music is particularly camp or silly, although maybe the costumes certainly were and maybe the odd lyric as well (in contrast to the many Anglophone bands who've written in such perfect Swedish of course). But their music is some of the finest pop ever created, it's magnificent - always brilliantly written and arranged, often surprisingly poignant and often great to dance to.

So sorry, am I in this "clique" as well Gareth? Or is it all in your head?

John Bumlick

Banned
Apr 29, 2007
here hare here
Binfest brewing up here I feel. :yawn: All the right ingredients Wozza, Simster, The Large One just mssing Das Reich, damn he's banned. Usual suspects , same old, same old.

recipe for a binfest...

1) US posts an opinion about art, music or movies.

2) one or more people disagree with said opinion.

3) US uses this a the cue to turn thread into diatribe about how everyone hates him and just disagrees with him for the sake of it whilst making the point that just because something's popular it's not necessarily rubbish.

4) others on the thread interpret this as US claiming to be cool in an ironic, post modern way.

5) aforementioned binfest ensues featuring the following terms of endearment: idiot, pretentious, pseudo-intellectual and of course, finally, wanker.

6) mods engage in banfest (optional).

:yawn:

US...i like you...i really do...but you love this don't you? have you thought about therapy? your victim mentality is quite disturbing sometimes.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
When's their new album coming out?

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
Seriously, apparently Bjorn is suffering from quite an advanced mental disorder. A friend of mine told me he no longer recalls winning the Eurovision Song Contest at the Dome in 1974, for example.

I know this SOUNDs like it should be leading up to a joke but sadly it isn't. :(

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here