Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Aaron Mooy *** SIGNED on ONE YEAR LOAN DEAL ***

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
As l understand it we do not have an option to buy. When the loan deal was agreed last summer, the plan was for Mooy to return to his parent club at the end of this season. He had just signed a new improved deal, and Huddersfield had plans for him.

With a surplus of midfield players, and the then manager favouring a more physical approach to get them promoted back to the Premier League, it was thought that they could do without him this season.

However things have changed drastically, the club has yet another new manager, and they have suffered a glut of long term injuries, (Tommy Elphick being just one of them), are langusihing towards the foot of the table, and are short of players.

To sign new players they need to raise funds, and of course Aaron Looy is their major asset. Let's put in a bid and see what happens. Surely he won't be playing fopr Huddersfield next season.
Post #930 suggests we do have an option ???

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Bissouma definitely gave us something we haven´t had before this season. He can pick the ball up in deep midfield and drive right up the pitch with the ball. Gross, Stephens and Propper have been great, but none of them really possess this ability

I'm sorry but we need Dale this Saturday, Sheffield United are a toiugh physical side who like to battle, it will be a game where we need to show character nore than silky skills. They are especially strong in midfield and we need to outbattle them. Bissouma will get his chance again, in a game more suited to his style.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Grrrrr there's no rush to change the deal and sing Moog in Jan.
He's already played for Huddersfield and the Albion so unless he's prepared to sit out the rest of the season, he's not going anywhere.

I want him in our hutch for my peace of mind.

It’s the end of the season hijacking that I’m worried about, not someone nicking him in Jan.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
In the Australian press today his agent confirms that we have the option to buy Mooy at the end of the season.

I wonder if the price of that purchase has been pre-agreed. His value is on the up, so hopefully it has been.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
I want him in our hutch for my peace of mind.

It’s the end of the season hijacking that I’m worried about, not someone nicking him in Jan.

I can see us buying him in Jan.

From Hudds point of view, they will likely want money to be able to buy their way out of relegation trouble.

From our point of view, the idea of having him in the hutch as you say it, makes sense (we clearly don't know the wording of this loan arrangement but we don't know that it precludes another potential buyer in the summer)

From his point of view. A signing on fee now and some clarity about his future, I'm guessing are positives for him.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
As l understand it we do not have an option to buy. When the loan deal was agreed last summer, the plan was for Mooy to return to his parent club at the end of this season. He had just signed a new improved deal, and Huddersfield had plans for him.

With a surplus of midfield players, and the then manager favouring a more physical approach to get them promoted back to the Premier League, it was thought that they could do without him this season.

However things have changed drastically, the club has yet another new manager, and they have suffered a glut of long term injuries, (Tommy Elphick being just one of them), are langusihing towards the foot of the table, and are short of players.

To sign new players they need to raise funds, and of course Aaron Looy is their major asset. Let's put in a bid and see what happens. Surely he won't be playing fopr Huddersfield next season.

Yes, he signed a new deal with Huddersfield, but all that does is guarantee they will receive more money when he is sold. He was out of contract otherwise.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
I'm sorry but we need Dale this Saturday, Sheffield United are a toiugh physical side who like to battle, it will be a game where we need to show character nore than silky skills. They are especially strong in midfield and we need to outbattle them. Bissouma will get his chance again, in a game more suited to his style.

The Palace match was going to be a battle as well but we managed ok

But I agree Dale should and will come back in.

I wouldn’t rule out a starting place for Bissouma though

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
He's 29, so won't have much in the way of resale value if he gets a 3 year deal. Price should be around £20m I'd have thought, and he'd be worth it.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials

Yes, we need warriors in there against the likes of Ollie Norwood ...

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
He's 29, so won't have much in the way of resale value if he gets a 3 year deal. Price should be around £20m I'd have thought, and he'd be worth it.

£20m. Are you sure? I doubt we'd go that high. A three year deal would mean c£120,000/wk on fees and then wages plus extras on top. That's the kind of thing Palace do, not us.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Bissouma definitely gave us something we haven´t had before this season. He can pick the ball up in deep midfield and drive right up the pitch with the ball. Gross, Stephens and Propper have been great, but none of them really possess this ability

Yup, would be good to see this with two runners.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Doubt that it will be anywhere near £20m. Most relegated PL sides are in deep economical shit after one season in the Championship. I think Huddersfield will be absolutely desperate to sell, maybe even in January. I dont think they would reject a bid around £10m at this point. Lets say he gets a long term injury in April or something.. it would probably a complete disaster to them. My bet he is joining us permanently in January for £8-12m with a bit of extra if he or Brighton do very well.

If Huddersfield were closer to promotion or if Mooy was two years younger I agree £20m would have been pretty likely but I believe we could do some great business here.

... feels pretty weird writing those numbers after a year of "Routledge is a hero saying no to his match appearance bonus so that Potter are allowed to use him".

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
A good friend of mine, and lifelong Terriers fan and season ticket holder. Not gospel of course, but he is normally quite close to what goes on at the club.

I know several lifelong Terriers fans having lived around that area for 28 years. Most of them expect him to be sold.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here