Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Aaron Mclean rumour picks up pace...

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
McLean

Seagulls eye Mclean swoop | Latest Football Transfer News | Sky Sports

Sky Sports understands Brighton are eyeing a move for Hull City striker Aaron Mclean in this month's transfer window.

Seagulls boss Gus Poyet is looking to pep up his attacking options after struggling for goals this term and he has targeted a move for Mclean.

Poyet wants to reunite Mclean with Craig Mackail-Smith with the pair enjoying a prolific partnership together during their time at Peterborough.

Mclean, who joined Hull from Peterborough last January, has scored five goals in 19 appearances this term for the Tigers.

It remains to be seen if Hull would consider letting Mclean move on with newly-installed Tigers boss Nick Barmby keen to maintain his side's promotion push.

Already been said I know but interesting anyway...

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
points out that with Barmby now in charge he may not be available................ odds against in my view but would be a handy option especially if our injuries persist

leigull

Sep 26, 2010
Meh, wouldn't get too excited if he signed. Hull fans certainly aren't too impressed with him.

D

Deleted member 18477

sign him up! CMS would be very happy. they play well together as well!

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
I'd be pretty happy if we signed him based almost entirely on how he played when Hull came to the Amex. He caused problems all game and absolutely hammered the ball off the crossbar a couple of times.

terryberry1

Jul 9, 2011
Patcham
The deal would make sense. He and CMS would click instantly. I have heard its a done deal. Just personal terms to be decided

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
I'd be pretty happy if we signed him based almost entirely on how he played when Hull came to the Amex. He caused problems all game and absolutely hammered the ball off the crossbar a couple of times.

Yup, looked strong, good positionally, held up the ball well and had a couple of cracking shots.

Mulderbauer

Feb 23, 2009
Yep he was superb against us - Pace, power, thunderous shot and didnt mind mixing it up.... Would be a good signing if the deal was right....

We're the Stripes

Jul 31, 2005
BN2
Meh, wouldn't get too excited if he signed. Hull fans certainly aren't too impressed with him.
Hull City Forum - Brighton in for Mclean - City Independent

From what I've read (when we were linked with him recently) they don't particularly rate him as a goalscorer/finisher, but acknowledge he's a solid Championship striker, and would rather not lose him. I think he'd be a decent addition, but have no idea what fee they'd want.

Regarding his size, he's short but stocky. Bit like Jason Scotland, in that he's quite quick, strong and gives defenders a rough time. Would obviously help to get the best out of CMS, as mentioned.

leigull

Sep 26, 2010
Hull City Forum - Brighton in for Mclean - City Independent

From what I've read (when we were linked with him recently) they don't particularly rate him as a goalscorer/finisher, but acknowledge he's a solid Championship striker, and would rather not lose him. I think he'd be a decent addition, but have no idea what fee they'd want.

Regarding his size, he's short but stocky. Bit like Jason Scotland, in that he's quite quick, strong and gives defenders a rough time. Would obviously help to get the best out of CMS, as mentioned.

Thanks for the link. I thought they would be quite keen to off load him. Definitely sounds like a CMS type player in that he hasn't scored much all season but works hard and endlessly harries defenders. As you say I have no idea what a reasonable figure for him would be. How long left on his contract?

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
So long as his nephew plays in Dick's.
supersonic%20bitty%20mclean%20live.jpg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here